Clownfish is Ill I think not sure what to do?

atony4688

Reefing newb
Hello,
I have had the tank running for a couple of weeks now and my clown has been doing well. two days ago, he seems to have lost interest in eating. I bought some new life spectrum pellets, thinking he was sick of the Mysis, but he let them float by. today when I got home from work, I tried another pellet, he ate one, but that was all. at fist I was thinking there was a problem with the water but my tests were all ok. today I was doing a water change I looked at him and saw a white stringy thing that looked like it might have been poop, but I remember hearing that this might be a parasite. It fell off before I could get a pic, but I don't know if I should treat him with something? can I do it in my DT if he is the only fish there? and help in general, I am worried because he hasn't eaten anything but 1 pellet in 2 days.

Ok, so I got some prazi pro today and followed the instructions. I hope he gets better, the only way I'll be able to tell is if he starts eating again. I bought some of that garlic stuff for the food to try and entice him to eat. Anyone have any experience with soaking foods. Can I soak mysis or pellets?

Update on the clown. i treated with prazipro last Thursday following the instructions on the bottle. his behavior has changed a little he has not been swimming frantically up and down the silicone seam in my tank, and seems to be swimming around the whole tank, in rock caves and really anywhere he pleases which is a nice change. he still is being picky as hell with eating though, i can really only get him to eat one or two pellets every couple of days, he does not look malnourished or anything, and when i try to feed him he has been sucking it in and spitting it out like hes playing with it i have tried garlic, not sure if i am doing it right though, just soaking the food a few minutes. i'm just worried since he hasn't been eating much, is it possible he has been eating the pieces that fall on the sand in the tank? or even the brown algae or diatoms on my live rock? I am pleased he is still alive, but a little curious what hes eating.

The stomach of a fish is only about (generally) as big as their eye. So a couple pellets every few days is fine. As long as he's eating I wouldn't worry.

Thanks, I was only worried cause when i first got him he would eat like 3/4 mysis shrimp, and now its a lot less, maybe he was eating cause he was unhappy about the move from the lfs, and unhappy because he ate. (if you get the austin powers reference) it feels good that if he was sick and now is better, that advise from you helpful people and my ability to follow simple directions helped cure him, thank you and hopefully he will have a long happy life. :bowdown:

Back