Clownfish might not be eating?

Neno reefs

Reefing newb
I have had my 2 clownfish since wedsday. Since then they have been swimming, fighting, but now they both swim together. I have been feeding mysei shrimp (until I make some other food). When I throw in the food they both come running and charge the food, then right before they have it in there mouth they turn around?!? I think there getting some food in but is it enough? They both have an indent on there bellies but most of the clowns I see have this. Tomorrow I am going to try some brine shrimp.

Any ideas?

Most of it is small enough to fit in there mouth, I did feed a couple of live brine shrimp to see if they would eat that and one of the clowns loved them, the other might have ate a couple.

Maybe you can try a different type of food. Most of my fish love rods food, but its very messy so its not too good in regards to waste.

Sometimes they spit out the unwanted bits. My chromis does that, but he's growing. You could also try soaking it in garlic.

My clowns spit out alot of food the first week or so when I had them. I think they were getting used to the food and it may have been a little large for them. Now they are little piggies and eat anything. If they are little babies just give them time to adjust and grow a tad. I broke up the food into tiny pieces for them when they were smaller.

Back