Clownfish might not be eating?

Discussion in 'Reef Fishes' started by Neno reefs, Mar 3, 2013.

1. Neno reefs

Neno reefs

I have had my 2 clownfish since wedsday. Since then they have been swimming, fighting, but now they both swim together. I have been feeding mysei shrimp (until I make some other food). When I throw in the food they both come running and charge the food, then right before they have it in there mouth they turn around?!? I think there getting some food in but is it enough? They both have an indent on there bellies but most of the clowns I see have this. Tomorrow I am going to try some brine shrimp.

Any ideas?

Neno reefs, Mar 3, 2013
    1. Advertisements

2. Neno reefs

little_fish Moderator

Is the food too big for them to eat? Also skip the brine shrimp, its not very nutritious

little_fish, Mar 3, 2013
    1. Advertisements

3. Neno reefs

Neno reefs

Most of it is small enough to fit in there mouth, I did feed a couple of live brine shrimp to see if they would eat that and one of the clowns loved them, the other might have ate a couple.

Neno reefs, Mar 3, 2013
  4. Neno reefs

reefnoob

Maybe you can try a different type of food. Most of my fish love rods food, but its very messy so its not too good in regards to waste.

reefnoob, Mar 3, 2013
  5. Neno reefs

wontonflip I failed Kobayashi Maru

Sometimes they spit out the unwanted bits. My chromis does that, but he's growing. You could also try soaking it in garlic.

wontonflip, Mar 3, 2013
  6. Neno reefs

Neno reefs

Are you talkabo garlic extract, or just cutting up some garlic and let it soak in some water with the food?

Neno reefs, Mar 3, 2013
    salt_for_brains likes this.
  7. Neno reefs

RollTide15

My clowns spit out alot of food the first week or so when I had them. I think they were getting used to the food and it may have been a little large for them. Now they are little piggies and eat anything. If they are little babies just give them time to adjust and grow a tad. I broke up the food into tiny pieces for them when they were smaller.

RollTide15, Mar 4, 2013
    1. Advertisements

Ask a Question