Clownfish Sleeping Habits

BigFishy

Reefing newb
I have a clown fish that hides (hosts) a group of rocks and the inflow of the protein skimmer. At night when the lights are off he tends to hover to the top above the inflow of the protein skimmer, which causes him to be in close to the top. Sometimes goes a little sideways. At first I panicked and checked the water, but everything came back normal. SOOOOO, does anyone have a clownfish that does this? Hovers close to the top?

Maybe he is hosting the protein skimmer … I don’t know, but it’s kinda funny if he is.

There's a reason they are called "clown' fish :D, nothing will surprise you with their actions.

That's normal for them to host anything in your tank.

Clown fish are odd creatures. They're also pretty good at playing dead. Mine will sleep on top of my fuzzy shrooms on their side, not moving, just lying there as if they were dead. That reminds me, I need to feed my fish tonight.

Is there really a "normal" for clownfish? :P I'm surprised mined hasn't been sucked in the overflow before I put a grill over the big hole .... I was tempted to push him in just for fun ;)

Back