Clownfish Will not eat!!!!

Nate0712

Reefing newb
My onyx clownfish will not eat and Im wondering if theres any tips I can get. I had a chocolate chip starfish and he also wouldnt eat Im guessing he is near dead right now. Im scared I paid a ton of money for those clowns

Try some cut up frozen mussel. My clowns love it! Thaw it out in tank water and cut it up small enough for them. Turn off all pumps/circulation let the water calm and push it right in front of them with a turkey baster.

I am done with pellets and flake (although they did eat those as well) thanks to the great people here on LivingReefs gving great advice!

Im feeding them frozen shrimp and I tried fakes, but they seem to be eating now I think they were just nervous about their new tank

Remember to offer them a balanced diet of lots of different types of foods, it will help keep them healthy. My clowns are a bit fussy, and seem to prefer smaller bits of food (as opposed to my old tomato clown, who was a lot bigger and liked bigger bits of food) - they really seem to go for cyclopeeze.

Back