clowning around, pffft, that was bad...

dannyboy

PLUHH
Ok, so I set up a mantis shrimp tank, the little bugger is no more then a half inch, by no means will he atk a fish YET. It's a 20G. It looked so empty I added a cheap clown fish today, then wife said clown looked lonely so I added another. This will help w/ uneaten mantis food, my question is water flow, do these fish care about currant? They kinda swim like they are challenged in the first place. I have a small power head in there to keep surface movement but that's it.

Attachments

• clown.jpg
    clown.jpg
    46.9 KB · Views: 291
I put a small powerhead in my mantis' 30gal tank. Just to keep the flow going and from detritus build up. Oh and I forgot to tell you, but if you haven't already bought your heater, make sure you get an unbreakable one! When the mantis gets bigger he'll be wanting to hit everything. My mantis is almost 4 inches now, and has never gone after a fish. The only time I saw him go for one was during feeding, when the fish I had in there tried to take his food that was on the stick.

I got rid of the fish in there just because I didn't want it, so now I'm thinking about getting one to put in there, just not sure what kind.

So for your question, only think to watch out for is the clowns maybe being aggressive towards the mantis, since hes small that wouldn't turn out good. Unless the clowns are small too. But you're right, they will do great eating the scraps if your snails/hermits dont. I'd go ahead and put a powerhead in there even if you didn't have the fish. Not a huge one, just something to move the water

Wow, good call on the heater, right now I'm not worried about it but ya, when bigger, this one won't do. The 2 clowns are way too small to hurt him. I wanna get some steroids for him so he grows faster, lol, thanks again.

Back