Club Flyer

AuburnGrad93

Reefing newb
Hey guys,

What do you think about creating some type of club flyer that promotes the Chattanooga Reef Club? One that we can post around town, like at the fish stores, PetSmart or Petco's, etc. There is an Anesthesiologist at Erlanger that has a 125G reef tank that knew nothing about the club. So if we had some flyers to post at the hospital or the mall and places, we could get more members and really start to grow like the Atlanta club. What do you guys think? We could even use what Timothy has drawn for the frag swap as our club emblem? Just a thought from the new guy? :D

Darren

I'm all for it, but the opinion from alot of LFS is that supporting us is a conflict of interest for them.

Having a flyer would be great if they allow us to post it or not, some will some probably won't.

You volunteering?

Brandon

Volunteering for what?? lol I will be glad to post some at Memorial Hospital and Parkridge hospital. And Karen can get Erlanger. I am sure Steve would post one also. But we need them in more places than just the LFS's. And why would supporting us be a conflict of interest???

Good idea. I can post at TVA.

I think it's up to us to find places to post that aren't the LFS stores, because of what Brandon said. Grocery stores have bulletin boards, and many restaurants have a place for business cards.

We've also discussed business cards to hand out, which we can get free at Vistaprint.com. I'll be happy to order simple cards with our web page. We can start out simple and move up to fancy logo embossed later. What do ya think?

It's interesting to me the difference in attitude between the LFS stores here and in Nashville. The Nashville club has their meeting at an LFS store and then will move on to a nearby restaurant afterward. This gives members a chance to view everything at the store; often club members make purchases while there. It establishes a bond with the store owner. Maybe we could do that once a quarter.

Angela

David I'm all for a meeting at Steve's place, but your true motive is trying to get out of doing it at your house next month.

Its early, but I know what your trying to do still.

I agree with Steve's place too. David's house is too far away and gas prices are eating me alive (SUV gas hog).

If we have the meeting there, I wonder if he'd be willing to post a flyer on his door announcing the meeting with time and date? Hint hint!

I bet when micheal reads that he is like BOO HOOO i drive an hour and 15 minutes one way each month.... Just joking with you angela, but I just could hear him saying that.

I'll talk with Steve if thats the way we want to do it. Just let me know.

I think Steve's would be great also. I think of all the LFS stores, he is the most club friendly. And except for that Alabama thing, he is a pretty good guy! lol But I don't think we should give up meeting at club member's houses either as it is great to see other ppl's tanks and how they are set up. Just my thoughts. I know Karen and I really enjoyed hosting the last meeting and it was good getting all the advice on my tank.

I also like what Angela said about posting the flyers at places other than the LFS stores. There are bulletin boards all over town where we could post and get our club out there.

Darren

Nah I'm still open for my house for May! I want to go ahead and have it at my house if it's ok to get it done so you guy's can stop razzing me!! LOL!

My house isnt that far away either. Just about 5min off of I-75.

I was just joking about you being on the other side of the world, but not about gas prices. Sheesh, it's getting ridiculous.

Wanna try Steve for June? Then whoever wants can swing by Brandon's to drool over his new tank.

Back