Cluster Duster Help

Cathic

Fish Wrangler
Wanting to know if its normal for them to lay dormant half opened when added to a tank. been several hours nothing going though. Will post pic soon.

They are sensitive to water conditions. How did you acclimate it? They are also sensitive to light, it may take a few days for it to adjust.

They are also sensitive to flow. If the tank it came from had very little flow on it, then it will take a while to open if your tank has more flow on it now. I'm sure it will open when it feels safe enough

Usual Drip acclimate, I know they are young to my tank, they just seemed to respond well at first then slowly become limp-ish like in the tank. Thank you for the input.

C.

Just make sure that your conditions are stable and that it's placed in a light to moderate flow area, then give it time. They get stressed just like any other animal. They will even drop their crown when they get over-stressed but even in those extreme cases, they can survive and do ok. You just need to make sure that your conditions are good and then give it time.

Temp 80
Ammonia Nitrite Nitrate Base 0
Specific Gravity 1.025
pH hovering at 8.1

should be fine I hope I am just worried some seem to be losing "feathers" I hope for a quick recovery.

Thank you again everyone. C.

Cathic,are you feeding any kind of planktonic foods like phytoplankton or zooplankton?
I've noticed that the smaller duster clusters will tend to do better when those kinds of foods are used once or twice a week.

Feeding them Zooplex was going to target but was recommended to just add 5 drops roughly every week or so. Suggestions?

For the dusters,something like DTs Phytoplankton would be better.The Brightwell Aquatics Phytos are good to.

Back