Co2

Amba

Ol' Salty
Not sure how many people on here use calcium reactors, but I am trying to get my CO2 tank filled and there is nowhere at all in my area that will fill a tank. There are places here that will exchange tanks, but I paid a lot of money for this one and I don't really want to trade it in and get some BS back.

I am using the Aqua C rx-1 reactor. I'm not exactly sure of the size of the CO2 tank but it's about a foot and a half tall.

Does anyone know a place that will fill them?

Airgas will only trade tanks, I tried Warner gas as well, same answer. It seems like I'm just going to have to trade it in =(

I guess I'll just go tomorrow and trade it in. Sucks, paid a ton of money for this reactor package.

Dude I used to play paintball and they used to fill my tanks at Sports Men Center, or like an outdoors place, is there anyone around you that sells paintball stuff. They have to fill C02 tanks. Not sure how much it will cost but it has to be better to keep your own tank. Let me know how it works out. Where are you in NY?

Dude I used to play paintball and they used to fill my tanks at Sports Men Center, or like an outdoors place, is there anyone around you that sells paintball stuff. They have to fill C02 tanks. Not sure how much it will cost but it has to be better to keep your own tank. Let me know how it works out. Where are you in NY?

I used to be in a paintball league, we have R&M near me (Paintball outlet) but I don't believe they will fill larger tanks, also, most paintball retail are switching to compressed air, not sure if they still have CO2 gear, but I'll give them a call tomorrow.

Also I am in Binghamton NY.

I am going to have to purchase another tank. Apparently my $200+ industrial grade aluminum tank is garbage compared to the cheap tanks at the store. They will not take it, trade it, or fill it. I must use one of theirs.

It is normal proceedure to buy a gas tank of the kind you want filled then exchange it at a gas provider such as a welding supply... With these places there are two options, rent a tank or own (purchase) a tank and swap it out. Hint, once and a while you will get one that leaks a little. But, at the price to exchange a co2 tank it is not worth fretting over... just watch the gauges and notice if it is dropping pressure quicker than normal so you can plan to exchange it sooner. Sometimes you need to tighten the gland nut around the tank valve stem a tad to stop a leak. However, most gas supply houses are VERY good at keeping the swap tanks in perfect condition, they have OSHA and CleanAir regulations controling them strictly. Welding supply companies sell a lot of co2 because it is required for many laser cutting machines in volume. It depends on your locality, but our HomeDepot has exchange co2 tanks of some sizes ...... if they do you will see a set of lock-ups out front with pictures of sizes and what gasses they carry. If your HD has them they will also sell you a first tank (actually this is a service provided to the store by one of the local welding gas companies).

For those thinking to get involved with co2 bottles, ....after you have your gauges/regulator...(if you don't then buy them there too). I suggest you purchase your 1st bottle from your welding supply.. and then do your swaps there. In actual truth you will be purchasing one of the swap bottles and then "be in the swap loop". Don't get trapped in the "Industrial Grade Aluminum Tank" trap... get the real thing from a Welding Supply Company. and... you will save money. The bottles have to meet specs and any gimic ones scare the hell out of the bottle gas sales folk. They are afraid they will explode during the stresses of the fill processes, lots of compressing heat exchanges take place. ... And... They have to handle the stresses of being tossed around during the trucking and exchanging processes.

Last edited:
oh,
Once you have an offical exchangable co2 bottle from a welding supply (and you purchased it) you can exchange it at any other welding supply store or HD if they carry that gas (co2) and sized bottle. ... They don't like you to know that........

You will be suprised how cheap it is to exchange a bottle compared to all the other reef supplies!

Back