coast to coast overflow

putter

Reefing newb
Any one out there using this type of overflow or any one able to offer up any pros and cons for this style of overflow?

I don't really see many cons in the calfo (coast to coast overflow).... i'm a big fan. It offers great surface skimming. The downside is the cost of having a coast to coast overflow made...

in Kansas City we have a guy named Inky (fishdave on RC) who makes what he calls inky boxes... they're real slick

this tank has two inky boxes in either corner. they run about $29 each, and he makes two types, a simply box you can silicone on, or if you give measurements and have slip bulkheads, he makes one you can just slip in.
FullTank180.jpg

one more picture of a tank with inky boxes, this is dave's tank (inky) showing off the first inky boxes ever made!
inkyfulltank_3.jpg

Nice looking tank mate! Thanks for the pics and the words of wisdom, I will be ordering a new tank this week and have decided to go with the external CTC full length of the tank. I just hope the new tank does not fall threw the floor once I get it all set up, it will be about 15 gall bigger and glass instead of acrylic this time.

Nice looking tank mate! Thanks for the pics and the words of wisdom, I will be ordering a new tank this week and have decided to go with the external CTC full length of the tank. I just hope the new tank does not fall threw the floor once I get it all set up, it will be about 15 gall bigger and glass instead of acrylic this time.

let it be known those were not my tanks! I WISH

Those are friends of mine, doug and dave. They are both 180g tanks. You should see the sheer volume of effluent they pump into their systems, it's crazy. My next tank will look as good as theirs, that's my goal!

Back