Coco Worm not looking so good

lockkeeper69

Reefing newb
I have had a Coco Worm for about 3 months now. He has been doing great up until now. He has added about 1-1/2 inches of new tube in the last month. Now he seems to go into the tube more often and when he is out it does not extend it's feathers (for lack of better terms). It stays compact.

Water perameters have not changed. No Nitrites, No Amonia and just a trace of Nitrates. The only thing new was a Orange Diamond Goby I added two weeks ago. Everything else seems healthy.

I have heard that Coco Worms are not easy to keep. But from what looked like flourishing and growing to this with no explanaiton I dont get.

the Gobie stirs up the substrait and the tank gets cloudy from time to time. but it clears up quickly. I have been monitoring the nitrates and nitrites because of this.

As far as the calcium. I have not checked but if it is extending it's tube I would think it has the calcium it needs.

Hmmmm.... I always think that if something isn't extending then it's busy doing something else, like building more/growing. I've never kept a coco worm so I'm not much help. Good luck though.

It could be any number of reason for it not to open its crown all the way.Anything from just being happy,to something picking at it.
And the tube is actually made from proteins:D

Back