Coffee table tank!!

Massey

Reefing newb
I dont have any pics as of yet but I just came up with the design in my head for a wooden coffee table with a glass top and a 15G tank inside. In order to build this I need to find some one in my area that has a table saw that can rip a 1x4 and leave a 45° angle. I will post the design pics after I draw them up and scan them. I am going to be building this to match my stand that I just built last week. Keep looking for the updates they will be here soon.

Massey

OK here is a rough drawing of the long side. This is all the farther my design is going to get on paper since I lack the drawing ability and I only need notes for future reference. This stand will be stained in the same color stain as the tank stand and also the same wood and routing will be used.

I should be able to start building this after X-mas but I may aquire a bit or 3 between then and now.

TankPlan.jpg

Massey

Yes the lights will be under the tank and shown up through the bottom. I am going to use a clear bead or marble for the gravel and I am trying to get a purple/garnet color to match the stain for the wood.

Massey

Back