coincidence or serial killer?

OMG Guess what I found this AM?! My heater for the tank busted a seam and was leaking in the aquarium. Maybe my clownfish isn't the murderer after all.........In the Living Room with the thermometer that was leaking acid as the murder weapon!!!

OMG Guess what I found this AM?! My heater for the tank busted a seam and was leaking in the aquarium. Maybe my clownfish isn't the murderer after all.........In the Living Room with the thermometer that was leaking acid as the murder weapon!!!

Guess you'll have to take your clownfish of Death Row now. Next time do DNA testing. :grumble: :bounce:

ok whatever it was it wiped every FISH out of my tank except the last clown fish, crabs, shrimp, sea urchin, zoanthids and sun coral. My water tested perfect too with 2 different test kits

just get equally agressive fish if you dont want to give your clown away. they may be mean, but they have good personality

hmmmm ....my clown fish, sun coral, zoanthids, mushrooms, pom pom crab, fire shrimp, sea urchin and my little hermit clean up crew seem fine........everything else died ( all fish)....I almost give up. I'm throwing the towel in .....fixing the phosphates and just doing 5% water changes every 2 days.

It sounds like if it'd be anything, it was disease that took your fish out. Most things will kill inverts first, as they are a lot more sensitive to water parameters than fish.

Yea this morning the clownfish was the last to go.......I broke my tank down and am starting new. I still have the sun coral, zoanthids, sea urchin, fire shrimp and pom pom crab.

Bifferwine - I am starting to think also. I did notice right before the yellow tang came up dead he had a cloudy eye and clownfish started showing a cloudy eye too. The only thing I could find about that was Ammonia Burn but I tested the Ammonia and it was good to go.

Did you notice any white spots on any of your fish, I know I had an emperiter angel once that developed some kinda perisite and showed white spots on its body. I took it out but too late. Every fish in my tank died:frustrat:

I looked for any signs of anything on all fish.......no white spots on any of them. They all were eating as usual. Only thing I noticed was the yellow Tang showed a cloudy eye and looked like his tail was frayed a tad bit ( thought maybe he got in a scuffle with my clownfish) and the clown showed the cloudy eye a day prior also.

Ahhhh thanks for that advice......gives me time to save some money and think about what I want this go around. Any thoughts?

Anthias and small angels are gorgeous to start off with in a smaller tank. Of course everyone loves gobies too.:bowdown: One of the more sexy ones are the pearly headed jawfish:bowdown:

Back