collecting and shipping small inverts!

beav76

Reefing newb
hello,
I own a home near tampa in the gulf of florida, but live in ohio! My question is, how viable is it for me to collect some small inverts there and overnight them to Ohio! obviously it can be done due to certain websites doing it! But what precautions should i take, or is it just too risky if you're not set up to do it?

Thx

if its not illegal you shouldnt have a problem doing it.. just remember its not illegal unless you get caught. but not really if theres a law against it theres a reason for that law......

if its not illegal you shouldnt have a problem doing it.. just remember its not illegal unless you get caught. but not really if theres a law against it theres a reason for that law......

It's definitely still illegal if you don't get caught, and there is a reason for that. Seriously, dude.

Terrible idea, things you might introduce in to your tank could crash it or start causing some serious issues.

thx, i was kinda assuming it was bad, but was wondering why a company like reeftopia can but i can't and what they do different to make it safe!

erin in the second part of my post i said not really, if theres a law theres a reason for that law. didnt mean to offend anyone....

thx peeps, i was prob gonna be too lazy floating anyways, but thought i'd ask if i found something cool! Lesson learned! looking forward to sump answers in the near future!

i live here in tampa as well. as long as you have a saltwater fishing license you can take all of the snails and crabs that you want. we have a local reef club that just had their annual collection trip over at fort desoto.

Terrible idea, things you might introduce in to your tank could crash it or start causing some serious issues.

1+ You would be taking a huge risk of introducing some wicked parasite int your tank. And yes you take the same risk everytime you put quality live rock in your tank.

i live here in tampa as well. as long as you have a saltwater fishing license you can take all of the snails and crabs that you want. we have a local reef club that just had their annual collection trip over at fort desoto.

Thanks Curtis. can you give me the contact info for that club, i;m going down in a week, would love to meet up and check them out! moving down there permanently next year or 2!

Back