Colonial Hydroids

SSalty

Team Liquid Force
Not too long ago I think it was Reafkeeper mentioned something about having colonial hydroids in his tank. After doing some research I noticed that I also have some in my 55 gallon. I mixed up a thick kalkwasser paste and smeared it on the hydroids using a syringe. It worked great and killed the hydroids. I had to do a few applications to get them all but they are completely gone:bounce:

Just throwing this out in case anyone else needs to kill some hydroids.

this is what mine look like ...

colonialhydroids.jpg

THOSE are hydroids. I recently had a bunch of those things spring up along with some aiptasia! I thought that they were some type of feather duster!
so, do they have a bad sting or something? or do they just spread and crowd everything?

wow! I will try to post a pic of mine to make sure that's what they are. the polyps on those look just like mine, only bigger. and mine has a little brown tube that they retract into. does this sound like them?

wow! I will try to post a pic of mine to make sure that's what they are. the polyps on those look just like mine, only bigger. and mine has a little brown tube that they retract into. does this sound like them?

Mine have a brown tube and they DO retract.

last time i had hydroids I used some Preperation H and they went away.

Oh wait you guys are talkin about something else!

Back