Colorful Low OR No Light Corals

I know some non-photosynthetics that require tons of feeding and care. I am looking for a happy medium. Here is a FTS as you can see I have really cool color on the right. My light is centered on that side of the brace on the tank because when its above the brace there is NO light. So I am looking at a clip on light but it's way low on the list of things to get. But I am sick of looking at the boring browns on that side of the tank...The finger leather is staying, the big toadstool in the front and the other one in the back are going. O I already have a sun coral and a dendro and a neon leather that you can't see. So I am looking for low/no light and high color...HELP?

DSC_8106.jpg

Yes Dendros, very nice. My LFS has black ones.....I got some really cool zoos today, neon green mouth people eaters! I found this frag floating and got 8 polyps for $20!

Donna your tank really does look beautiful. I don't think I would try any of those corals yote posted as they are "expert only" and are just tuff to keep. Many have failed on this forum alone. JMO. Not that your not an expert of course! :lol:

Those are cool, so what should I feed them? I am thinking about growing phytoplankton cultures a friend of mine has been giving his tank with it seems too make things happy, I also feed all my corals reef chill will those two things be enough?

One of my favorites: Dendrophyllia
Dendrophyllia%20%28orange%20yellow%29.jpg

I like them a lot I have 1 head and 1 baby I would like a black one. lol yeah a lot of color right...

http://i53.photobucket.com/albums/g78/dendro982/LPS/Black%20sun/Apr17_08blo.jpg

Yes Dendros, very nice. My LFS has black ones.....I got some really cool zoos today, neon green mouth people eaters! I found this frag floating and got 8 polyps for $20!

Yeah I am working on getting some better zoos I recently picked up a few really nice ones.

Thanks for all of the nice comments everyone :Cheers:

http://i53.photobucket.com/albums/g78/dendro982/LPS/Black sun/Apr17_08blo.jpg

Donna your tank really does look beautiful. I don't think I would try any of those corals yote posted as they are "expert only" and are just tuff to keep. Many have failed on this forum alone. JMO. Not that your not an expert of course! :lol:

Yeah I know... I have been reading more about a non-photosynthetic corals I am not sure if I want to commit that much time to it... we will see. I do know its going to be a crap shoot on weather or not I can keep it. BUT so far everything almost everything I have I have had some success with.

The corals I posted,seem to really like stuff like cyclops,rotifers,and other zooplankton foods.
Out all of those,the sea fans are my favorites.And they dont seem to really be that hard to keep as long as you broadcast feed the smaller zooplanktons.

Back