Colors of posted images are different than original???

d2mini

Reef enthusiast
I spend time to make sure my photos' colors are as correct as possible but then I post them here and something seems wrong. I just noticed that the same photo posted on livingreefs using an html link looks different than looking at the link directly.
Here's what I'm talking about...

Click this link so it opens up in a new window.
http://d2creative.smugmug.com/photos/515145043_jivcE-O-1.jpg

Then click this link so it too opens up in a new window.
https://www.livingreefs.com/forums/reef-photography/18635-omen-looks-deep-into-your-soul.html

Look at the two identical images side by side.
For me, in two different browsers (safari and firefox) the image posted in the LR thread is much more saturated and more red than the image in the direct link.

Is it me or is the forum software doing something to the colors?
I purposely hotlink to my own gallery instead of using the forum gallery specifically to avoid this kind of thing. I've never noticed this before in other forums... not to this degree.
It's not a huge deal, it was just frustrating me a little and I just now realized it seems to be forum specific. I don't know anything about php and other forum software programming so for all I know it could be an unavoidable problem. I guess I'm just curious as to the cause.

I see a very slight difference on the red/orange coloration on his face, mainly between the eyes. It's very slight, like a little lower quality coloration.

Its the perfectionist in you dennis, there is a very slight difference in the color but if you wouldnt have pointed it out it never would have been known.

I can't see a difference either? Both look great to me :D

When a photo is uploaded to the gallery, it can sometimes compress the image if the filesize is too large - but there's no way round that. That could ever so slightly change the colours, but I mean like 0.0001% ;)

:rofl:

Must be! Mine's an Apple Cinema HD display. :mrgreen:
i noticed it too and my moniter is an asus with 1080p hooked up to my tri sli GPU with an hdmi to dvi hookup, but it could aslo be because the only people that could notice it are photographers

Back