colt coral warfare?

Melonbob

Reef enthusiast
Are colt corals aggressive towards other corals? Ever since I moved my frogspawn up higher, it has not been happy, it hasn't really inflated at all. Can my colt be the problem? They are a few inches apart, not enough to touch, but close and the frogspawn in downflow from the colt. I'm trying to find out why its so pissed. I believe I only handled the skeleton, and the tissue doesn't look damaged at all.

all of my LPS corals get bitter for at least two days when I move them anywhere, no matter where I touch them. That being said, colt corals are noxious corals which sting their neighbors badly. It is also possible that the colt is leaching crap onto the LPS coral. I would give it a few days and if he does not perk up or gets worse, move him elsewhere. They like moderate flow and medium placement on the rocks

-Doc

It could very well be your colt causing the problem.If your frogspawn dont open in a day or 2 ,I'd go ahead and move it to different location.

I would also blame the colt. They release a lot of toxins into the water. Don't put anything sensitive close to them or down flow from them.

I always found colts weak in the chemical warfare.I had other corals near it and the colt was always on the losing end.Maybe moving it pissed the frogspawn off.Don't forget they prefer a gentle flow,maybe move the powerheads around a bit to change the direction of the flow.

Back