Come home on work break and holy crap!

HeavyHittah

LivingReefs is like home
I get home and look at my nano. The very first thing I look at is my baby. which is my Oregon tort and the thing looks like crap! so I reach my hand in the tank to adjust the frag to get a good look at it. And holy crap! The water is so hot! Usually my tank is rock solid at 80.3/4. So I check the temperature and guess what it is.... 92 degrees. What?!! I check the heater(finnex) and the light is not on red so its not stuck in heating mode. But I unplug it anyway along with my PH. so now all I have running is my whisper 30 filter. Huuuuh Im too distraught about my Oregon tort. I mean its a slow grower already, now I lost it. Geeez man. I dont even know how I can troubleshoot to see what made my tank hot. Ambient room temp is 77. But its either my heater, power head, or whisper 30 filter.

Try dropping the PH and heater into separate buckets of water and let it run for a few hours, you should be able to tell which one is bad.

So of course I had this test going for 5 hours and neither bucket is getting overly hot. Ive also been keeping an eye on the tanks temp since it has the hob filter still and no hot temp there. So either my tank has a mind and decided its tired of my tort and maybe my flower pot coral taking up space or maybe my heater was stuck in "on" then unstuck itself.

Back