Coming back from the dead

shades251

Reefing newb
After nearly 4 years I am getting ready to set up another tank.

Once upon a time I had a 90 gal fish only tank, 125 gal LPS SPS reef,
And a 24 gallon nano reef.

Well the company I worked for closed and I got behind on bills and had to shut all my tanks down and sell everything.

Long story short it all worked out and the time has come. My wife and I have decided on either a 60 or a 90 gal. Cube. So I figured who better to help then my old friends. So here I am back in the game and on the hunt

Welcome back to the forum! :thumbsup:

The forum software has changed a bit since you were last here, so if you have any questions don't hesitate to ask :)

Just an update.still trying to find a tank. I have found a few frame less tanks. But it kind of worries me, and I don't like not having a top. I really want the biggest cube I can find. And it seem like a 93 gal is the biggest but they don't make them framed anymore. So it looks like I will be getting a 60 gal. I will hopefully be picking a tank up in the next couple weeks.

why dont you get a custom tank? then you can get exactly what you want. cost a little more but you will be happier in the long run.

#1. A custom tank is quite a bit more than I can really do and still set the tank up right.

#2. What I really want and will make me most happy I don't have the room for.

So I am already settling for a cube just so I can have my tank back.

But I found a killer deal on a drilled 92 gal corner tank and stand. Does anyone have experience with corner tanks? The curved glass is not really an issue. I just wonder if I would like it better than a cube????

i guess you have to look at the space you have to put it in and how big a tank will work in that space. sounds like you have the same problem i have. bigger is better. i have seen some really nice corner tank setups. just not in salt water. i dont see any reason you cant have a good setup with a corner tank. the only problem i can see is you dont have the longer expanse for swimming length but depending on the fish you want to stock that wont be an issue. 90 gal is a little small for the bigger fish anyways. that would be a really nice setup for fish that like to dart around in the rocks, and i think you will like the way you can look in and see both sides into the corner.

Back