coming back ...

update got the sand and water ... now for rock and start the cycle ...
CAM00156.jpg

YEah, ... I had no idea when I got started and the LR for my 95 was a huge sticker shock..!

.. so.. some LR from you 125 would be a great cycle speed up!!.. if you still have it.

Last edited:
Jason over at Aquarium designs usually has some decent rock at good prices. I (would get a few LR rocks then use base (dry) for the rest. save you some money. However he is closed Tuesdays

Jason over at Aquarium designs usually has some decent rock at good prices. I (would get a few LR rocks then use base (dry) for the rest. save you some money. However he is closed Tuesdays
I LOVE THAT STORE ... ive been going there for over two years now ....he has live rock for $2....

Live rock for $2... that is worth a drive and will buy the gas easy. Next time I need LR I'm going to visit the zoo, and get rock.

I like the old one better from a looks more natural standpoint.. thought I am no expert.. and I prefer a more natural look of rock formation.

I would suggest you stack far enough away from the glass to be able to clean it. In my 95 I stacked it more or less at a slant from front right to back left. This is because I have a drilled tank and the overflow box is in the left rear. So I end the stack against it. The reason for the slant is to leave as many locations to place corals as you can manage. So as I place my rocks I lean towards stability and future coral placements. I like to tumble rocks around in my hands and see which side will provide the most frag placements and how I can accomplish the most levels of height under the lights. It seems to happen that this concept also tends to create the most places for creatures to hide and find sleeping quarters in.. at least it seems that way. It may be because you tend to have more flatter sides up.

Last edited:
Back