Completely new to the hobby

Bucsfanatic59

Reefing newb
Soo..I've done alot of reading on here, and I'm quite confused. Basically, I'm looking for a tank 70gallons or 90 gallons. I would like a blue hippo tang and some clownfish. I have seen alot of set ups that say they have everything with it. There seem to be good deals down here, and I plan on moving up north soon, and wanted to take one with me and set it up there once I'm settled in.I looked around up north and didn't find too many deals around, but there is a really good saltwater fish store there. Any help would be greatly appreciated. My yahoo name is Brad Leffingwell. Thanks.

Welcome aboard Brad.
If your hearts set on having a Blue Regal ( Hippo ) I'd suggest going with at least a 125.Tangs really need the extra length since they are active swimmers.

If you're going to move and you want a large tank, I would wait until you get moved to purchase one. They can be a PITA to move, they take up alot of room in a moving truck and they're fragile. I'd rather be safe than sorry.

+1 Yote if you're going to get Tangs you're going to need a bigger tank.

Theres a 75 gallon tank,stand, sump, pump, power compact light, heater, water test kit, fish net, and magnetic glass cleaner for $250. The tank is drilled in the left back corner. It sounds like a good beginner tank for me fr a very cheap price. Any thoughts? Thanks for all the help so far, and I'm very glad I found you all too, I look forward to the day of posting pictures when I get set up.

He wanted 400 for everything with sand and rock, I said I didn't need the rock and sand right now because it was just going into storage while I learned more and moved later. He also had a 150gallon but it was more money. I do have my heart set on 1 blue tang and some clownfish lol.

Last edited:
Definitely the bigger the better since you want to keep tangs.

Welcome to the site!Since you are a Bucs fan,join us sometime in ''The Official NFL Thread'' at the ''Off Topic'' section of the board.

Back