condalyctus anenome help

clownfishnewbie

Reefing newb
First off welcome to living reefs.

Were going to need more info than this.
What are your water perimeters (actual numbers)?
How old is your setup?
What are you running for lighting?
And what's your setup what size, are you running a skimmer, what kind of filtration?
Since you said that your LFS tested your water I'm guessing you don't have test kits.
That anemone really looks to be melting which leads me to believe your nitrates are too high.

It does open back up to normal. It seems to do this once a day. My ph was "fine" nitrate and nitrite was Ok and ammonia was Ok too. Not sure of the actual numbers. No I don't have a test kit I get it tested weekly before a water.change.
60ltr tank. Power head filter. No skimmer. Set up since January. Normal standard tank lighting. Was.told by the shop where I got it that my lighting was fine. Had the nem 2 weeks.

As far as I'm aware it's a fluorescent and anether light?? It's just the lights that came.with the tank. Nothing special. I don't have the exact numbers.for the test as yet

My nems close up everyday with the light dimming at night. Do not pull it, you do not have any decent info for us to help you and pulling it when stressed will likely kill the nem. It still has color and its foot is attached, two positive signs. Does it move frequently?

DSC_1449_zps0f3fb2b3.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

Yes it moves frequently. Ivery had it over 2 weeks now. Would it have deteriorated sooner if it was the lighting? And if it is my water how soon would the stability start to work?

I would stop using stable and actually invest in a test kit. Yes mine close up at night, but don't move. Yours is stressed and Im actually very surprised that someone would sell you a nem knowing you don't have a test kit. Daily water changes is what will help the nem, consistency will preserve the nem. Condy nems are notorious roamers. Are you aware how old the bulbs are? They should be replaced every 9 months, and should be 3 watts per gallon. I should drop the line in too on research on what you are trying to keep in your tank and know what your tank can handle. Good luck and get back when you have a test kit.

Thanks for the help. Yes they did know that. Also they told me these type.didn't need lighting. Also . Contacted.them.but they wouldn't take.it back. My tank is 60ltr. Today is the first day I haven't.seen.it.shrink.and.shrivel up. Maybe a good thing?

60 litre doesn't tell us much here in the USA, we need dimensions. I know it's a 15 gallon, but dimensions would be nice as there are 3 different sized 60 litre tanks over here.

My HPT anemone wandered until it found its home, the damn thing even went inside of the Koralia water pump when I turned it off. Then it did laps around the top of the tank until it got into a tussle with my Elegance and hauled ass back to where it is now.

Hi everyone. 2 days and without it shrivelling up. Water levels are 0 ammonia 0 nitrate 10 nitrite and ph is 8.2. Salt is 1.023 which I think is slightly low so done water change with sone extra salt
Lighting is 18" sun glo and 18" aqua glow. Ordered some blue lighting and ordered a test kit.

Hi, been back to the shop today my salt is 1.025 my ammonia is 0, ph is spot on, nitrite 0, nitrate 10. I've also purchased a blue t8 light and going for a skimmer tonight. Is this all I need?

Back