Condy Won't Attach

Coletrickle

Reefing newb
Last Saturday I bought a Condy, he attached and looked great after drip acclimating. The next morning he was at the bottom of the tank with its tentacles shriveled(I was about ready to flush him). I placed him closer to the top and he reinflated and looked great, but he doesn't attach to anything. I have been going through this for the last 6 days. Every morning he looks near death, but perks up when placed near the top. Any ideas?

Thanks

How are your parameters? I dont know that,that would have anything to do with it,but can never tell.
Its usually not a good sign when an anemone wont attach itself.But try leaving it alone and see what it does.Its not going to stay where YOU put it no way.It'll have to find its own spot where its happy.Be it at the top of the tank,in the middle,or the bottom.

here in the carribean we deal a lot with condys anemones..it looks like shes stresed or probably dying..keep a close eye on her..if she gets caugh into a powerhead or filter there will be a mess in your tank..

The ONLY reason I move it, is because I don't want it to die and kill my tank! I unerstand a high risk if they die in the tank. Like I said he looks great and healthy when at the top. Parameters are not an issue. Should I play it safe and toss the little guy? I don't have a quarentine tank (I should, but don't).

I wouldnt toss it unless it was actually dead.I'd return it to the store where you got it.
It could just be from the way they shrink at night.A lot of times,they'll like death warmed over when the lights are out,then inflate and be normal when the lights are on.

I agree with yote.
If everything is okay with them they will attach somewhere. Maybe moving it so much is stressing it out. How about letting it be and see what happens. Nems are tuff and sometimes can take a long time to die. It should shrink in size even in daylight before it's dies. Keep an eye on it. Good luck.

Back