considering "operating" on birdsnest

lilduud

Reefing newb
so first off the mushroom i cut in half died :( both pieces.. even though i was crazy careful about getting it perfectly in half...

but more importantly... before, i successfully removed the cyano that was growing on my birdsnest....
welllll there is a piece that has returned on the back and the spot had looked dead when i first removed it... like black dead.
also although the spot on front has not grown more cyano.. it appears that there are two vermetid snails growing out of that spot... and lastly there is a grey/black spot that has not popped out any polyps since i removed some hair algae from it.

my main question is can i break off these small pieces? each is smaller than my thumbnail but very ugly and i dont think they will come back to life.. i am actually concerned about the vermetids though as im sure they cant be good for the coral when they are growing out of it haha any comments are helpful :)

ok... how long can i have it out of water for? if at all.... im just really cautious after the shroom died but it is totally different than cutting something in half haha

ok yea thats all i need... just paranoid :)
also i saw a strange thing on my glass today...
it almost looked like a baby jellyfish.. it was the size of a BB at max but it was clear and had four small waving tentacles.. it was stuck to the glass with about five or six little white dots in a circle... now its gone and i tried to take a picture but my lens just jammed. wonderful. :frustrat:

It was probably a hydroid jelly which is common,especially in new tanks.But they do pop up from time to time in estabilished tanks to.

Or it may be a ball anemone.

attachment.php

Back