Construction of a 6500 Liter Saltwater tank

Sascha1966

Reefing newb
Hy all

i am starting to construct my own new saltwater tank in the Dominican Republic. Would be great if you can follow and give me hints how to optimize the proces

Sasch

Took a while, but here we are !!!

6 Mtr X 1,20 mtr X 1,10 mtr

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    137.3 KB · Views: 476
6500 ltr is 1625 gal. wow. that is the dream tank to end all dream tanks. you are in the dominican. let me guess. natural sunlight, natural saltwater, no heat and you are going to fish for your own stock. saves big bucks if thats how you are doing it. i want to do that

6500 ltr is 1625 gal. wow. that is the dream tank to end all dream tanks. you are in the dominican. let me guess. natural sunlight, natural saltwater, no heat and you are going to fish for your own stock. saves big bucks if thats how you are doing it. i want to do that

Thats the Idea. Natural Water. DSB from The Carebean . I will have a 10 Inch DSB

A bit of Natural Sunlight. Here Are some pics

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    132.4 KB · Views: 491
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    117.7 KB · Views: 445
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    149 KB · Views: 454
DIY LED 100 Watt, 200 Watt Heatsink. Each Chip has 5 channels and colors The will run with 10 Meanwell 240 Watt 36 V, Dimmable

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    134.5 KB · Views: 416
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    153.8 KB · Views: 439
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    49.9 KB · Views: 446
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    47.4 KB · Views: 455
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    51.6 KB · Views: 427
Here it goes!

The Skimmer is a Deltec 4070TC with Automatic Cleaning unit !

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    76.5 KB · Views: 462
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    139.9 KB · Views: 492
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    78.6 KB · Views: 460
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    157.6 KB · Views: 437
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    108 KB · Views: 430
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    151.3 KB · Views: 412
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    147.7 KB · Views: 432
Thats the Idea. Natural Water. DSB from The Carebean . I will have a 10 Inch DSB

A bit of Natural Sunlight. Here Are some pics
ok call me stupid but i have no idea what these pix are. also you are not saving money you are just buying bigger teck stuff. for those of us that dont speck teck- ie- me please explain what these pix are, i understand the colored lights but i dont have any idea what silver canister things are

Last edited:
ok call me stupid but i have no idea what these pix are. also you are not saving money you are just buying bigger teck stuff. for those of us that dont speck teck- ie- me please explain what these pix are, i understand the colored lights but i dont have any idea what silver canister things are

Do not know why you are so offensive ... big staff ect ...What kind of lamp I shoul place there in you oppinion ?

This are a low budget DIY LED (Silver canister = passive heatsink)

Chip Bought in China
1 Chip has 5 channel of 20 Watt. Each Channel can be controled individually by a Reef computer. I use the GHl Profilux 3.1ex N.
I will use 10 Units LED Lamps so I will have 1 Kilo Energy consumption. Because of the sunlight (picture of the terasse) I think it will be enough.

So each Chip has
100 Watt
36 Volt
700-1200 mA
5 Cannel with flolliwing colors
14000 K
430 nm
10000 K
560nm

I tried yesterday the settings and have problem
Dimming is reverse. 100% dimming down, 0% dimming up
Also the Meanwell is getting hot.