Contest Alexander

Alexander

Reef enthusiast
Alright! let the fun begin! here are my 2 entry photos.

9109.jpg

9109intank.jpg

You missed out on something huge! But you still have time! Check out contest forum nano build thread and then decide to join. You can't afford not to really.

Yes and no....Could you really live with yourself if you won and didn't? :lol:

I on the other hand, will be playing cheerleader...:shock: bad visual :shock:...from the sidelines cheering you guys on; I'm just too damn broke to participate :sad:, but you guys have fun and make something pretty....cheerleaders like pretty :mrgreen:...I'm rooting for the winning team whoever that may be, but will not be sleaping with the winner as per the normal cheerleader's duties :squint::lol:

Most importantly, I would like remind you all that there is no second place, only one winner and a bunch of losers so......Don't be a....
thumbnail.aspx

you think I have money? HAHAHAHAHAHAHA thats a good one. I am the budget entry in this thing so for I have spent $20 bucks total. Ten on a tank ten on sand. Rock came from main tank and project, sand came from petsmart and the tank is a Walmart special. Heck I even took my water for this thing from my main tank. Just did a little bit bigger water change. Ok I know times are tough but come on it will be fun. Skip a drive thru meal or miss the next big movie and get on in. You can even get frags for 5 bucks it doesn't have to be a big money deal. I know I have next to no chance of winning thats not the point. I will be learning thats the point.

Wow, I just re-read my post and it kind of sounds like I'm tring to keep people out of the contest...I'm not, trying to root you guys on; and I definitely wish I could join the fight, but $20 would cover the water changes I haven't done, if I buy any rock this month it's going in my tank that is still under weight, I'm already skipping the drive thru and living off of Nissin Thai Peanut Chow Mein | The Impulsive Buy , and I've been watching "free" versions of the big movies as they are "lended" to me :ugh: :squint: :mrgreen:...and while this does sound like fun, it's just bad timing for me, but I still have a month to find a bag of money laying in the street :lol:, so who knows, I might be able to get together an entry after all. :x:

I didnt know Idaho had a wolf hunt.:D
we sure do. the population has gotten out of hand apparently. In fact if you look at daughertys entry you can barely make out a headline about it on his montana newspaper. The hunt almost got canceled by a federal judge in montana, but apparently the hunt is on now.

Is drinking beer mandatory? If so can it be something other than Pabst Blue Ribbon? :lol: :mrgreen:
Oh and I have tons of other beer in the house. and beer drinking IS mandatory. Trust me it will not be pbr all the time, but its frequent as its my fallback beer between drinking my 3-6 dollar a bottle microbrew 22 oz bottles.

oh, ok, so if i show up with gentleman jack in one hand and crown in the other, you might let me in the door at the party? even if im not a beer drinker? :D

oh, ok, so if i show up with gentleman jack in one hand and crown in the other, you might let me in the door at the party? even if im not a beer drinker? :D
of course! I love whiskey! always have it at the house. and even if I didnt love it I would still let you in :)

OK gang! last second I decided to go with sump and in sump skimmer! I may change this later as the skimmer pump is so loud i dont know if i can handle this for months on end, but for now it seemed like a great idea. here are a few shots of the setup as of yesterday.

920910galfts.jpg

920910galsideview.jpg

920910galskimmer.jpg

Tank stats so far are as follows:

HOB overflow w/ slightly modified larger drain tube for more flow.
10gal sump.
pacific coast ps100 skimmer
coralife 24in power compact light.
about 4 inches of sand
probably 20LBS all liverock (wanted to do more haha)

Well that sums it up for now.

Last edited:
Back