Contest Alexander

that sucks alex. i know all to well how big of a pain it is to try and get a computer back up and running after a crash.

that sucks alex. i know all to well how big of a pain it is to try and get a computer back up and running after a crash.
It really sucks man, but I was at least able to recover my photographs. that was my main concern. and hey at least it was my computer and not my tank that crashed! :)

not sure the comp had a missing or corrupt file. so i was able to take the harddrive out and put it in an enclosure got it all recovered.

Of course some might say, get a Mac. But not me.....
Im cool with my pc laptops, however I am saving my pennies for a mac desktop computer for photo editing, I really need it, the laptops are just not any fun with processor intensive things like that. but ill be keeping my windows laptops.

Im cool with my pc laptops, however I am saving my pennies for a mac desktop computer for photo editing, I really need it, the laptops are just not any fun with processor intensive things like that. but ill be keeping my windows laptops.

:shock: that's gonna be A LOT of :twocents:'s ...You would have to fill up Winy's Fish Tank with pennies for just the down payment :lol:

Thats good
I have had hard drives just die on me before. Good thing nothing couldnt be replace

sometimes freezing them helps. i had a drive that failed because the arm got loose or something and i froze the drive and hooked it up and was able to get some of the data off before it warmed up then i froze it again and got some more. but after a few time it was trash

sometimes freezing them helps. i had a drive that failed because the arm got loose or something and i froze the drive and hooked it up and was able to get some of the data off before it warmed up then i froze it again and got some more. but after a few time it was trash

Been there done that.

Yeah. The clearances are so small inside a hard drive that cooling it down to freezing temps makes them slightly bigger (colder material contract a bit) So the read heads can move a bit more freely. Of course it only lasts for a few minutes and you gotta try again.

Brian

Back