Contest Bifferwine

Status
Not open for further replies.
to bad I can't see some rics....... :)

Sorry -- I will try to clean off the glass in the next couple days and take some pictures! I'm frustrated because I have several rics that came unmounted. I've had them in a tupperware with rock rubble for at least a month now, and they have still not attached to anything. They're pissing me off!!

Sorry -- I will try to clean off the glass in the next couple days and take some pictures! I'm frustrated because I have several rics that came unmounted. I've had them in a tupperware with rock rubble for at least a month now, and they have still not attached to anything. They're pissing me off!!

stupid rics, they are so slow to attach and grow for that matter....

I know :( One of them attached last week and I thought, "YES! TIME TO GLUE IT DOWN IN ITS NEW HOME!" No sooner had I puttied it in place, it detached and floated away. ARRRRGGGGHHHHH!

I here yea!! :) I have a ric in my 180 that I've been waiting to attach for 6 months plus.... and still waiting.

the tupperware is sexy ;).... Hypodermic needle your rics to the rocks. They should stick there within a week. (I can't really reach the one that ive been waiting to attach LOL)

I guess it's going to be time to update with pics here soon, eh?

My tank has been going really well. Unlike his three doomed predecessors, the royal gramma has managed to stay alive!! Woohoo. We have been keeping the door shut when we're not in the office, so the cats have not had access to the tank.

Several of my ricordeas have split! Woohoo again! Many others have either grown in diameter, or grown new mouths. I'm very happy with the ricordea growth. I have been feeding VERY heavily with cyclopeeze, MicroVert, and CoralVert. I have to clean off the surface of the water with a paper towel in the morning to absorb uneaten food that has collected on the surface. But I've also been changing about 50% of the water every week or every other week.

I still have about five of them in a tupperware that are refusing to attach to rock. I want to kill them, those stupid mofos.

Right now, I am making water for a water change tomorrow. When I do the water change and clean the glass I'll post my update pics.

biff, have you tried gluing them?
RC recommended "CA" glue, and I've used it on all sorts of softies successfully.

Yeah I've tried gluing them. Glue doesn't work directly on mushrooms (like ricordea). You need to wait for them to attach to a rock, then glue the rock. If you try to put the glue directly on them (and I've tried), they slime up and the glue doesn't attach. I haven't checked on my loose rics in about 2 weeks, but my amazing Secret Santa David gave me superglue in my gift, so I'll check them today after their water change. I hope I can place some of them in their "forever home"!

hmmm, I've been able to glue a few shrooms, but they were huge, so i think i had better surface area to work with...

just throw them through a powerhead!

Here are my pictures for the month!! The royal gramma is still in there; he only comes out of his cave to eat. Christian says "I wish you had gotten a fish that we actually get to see..." Yeah, yeah, yeah. I finally took the tupperware container with all the stragglers out. You know what they say -- if you truly love something, set it free. If it was meant to be, it will come back!! So I'll just wait to see where those rics decide to attach. Sink or swim, boys! I'm tired of dealing with your BS!! I'm cutting you loose!

12-28-09029.jpg

12-28-09001.jpg

12-28-09002.jpg

12-28-09003.jpg

12-28-09004.jpg

12-28-09005.jpg

12-28-09006.jpg

12-28-09007.jpg

12-28-09008.jpg

12-28-09009.jpg

12-28-09010.jpg

12-28-09011.jpg

12-28-09012.jpg

12-28-09013.jpg

12-28-09014.jpg

PS -- none of these photos have been touched up or corrected in the least. I still haven't loaded my basic photo editing software (the HP program that came with my printer) on my laptop since NDB re-installed the OS. I'm sure they would come out looking a lot nicer if I was able to use my "AUTO FIX" button!! ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back