Contest Bifferwine

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just got caught up on your build. I like the idea of a tank full of Rics. SWA had a pico on their counter full of them back when they were on speedway and I always admired it. Did you ever see it? It was just lit with blue LED's and those rics were glowing like they were radioactive. Your build looks great!

Thanks everyone!

I don't think I ever got to see that tank, Justin.

I've actually had three more ricordeas split in the last week, since I last posted pics in this thread. One of the ones that split was Christian's favorite -- so now we have two of his "pet". I'm so happy! This overfeeding thing is making them grow like crazy.

Thanks everyone!

I don't think I ever got to see that tank, Justin.

I've actually had three more ricordeas split in the last week, since I last posted pics in this thread. One of the ones that split was Christian's favorite -- so now we have two of his "pet". I'm so happy! This overfeeding thing is making them grow like crazy.
If you get the chance to put some blue led's over it, you will be amazed at the coloration. I think for the growth you want, the MH is the way to go, but if you have some extra moonlights lying around you should add them to your tank. You will love the effect. I hope to see some more pics soon Biff!

I found a new baby ric in my tank today. It's a different color than any of the rics that I have, so I don't know where it came from (maybe it will change colors when it grows?). It's green and yellow and smaller than a dried split pea or lentil, and it's all alone on a big rock all by itself.

what freaking size maxi do you have in your tank? I tried a 1200 in mine but it was a huge sandstorm.

It's a 1200. I have it set up just right, I guess. The sand at the front of the tank gets blown towards the back, but nothing is suspended in the water. The only problem I have is that the fish keep getting sucked into the intake of it. Yep, my royal gramma became the MJ's latest victim... :(

Last edited:
Really? But don't you have this little screen in the intake?

2010-02-05162528.jpg

I never had problems with mjs killing anything. Used them for years after I dumped the aquaclear for murder.

Justin, if you don't have one I know I have 2 that ill never use. Biff I can just throw one in an envelope and mail it to ya.

That would be awesome Justin and/or Alexander! Not that I can add a fish to the contest tank, but it should save the lives of any future fish ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back