Contest Bifferwine

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm gonna have to get different lights for my contest tank. My new tank should be here any day now, and the 48" T5s are going to go over that. So hopefully I can find some cheapo 24 inch lights on Craigslist or something quickly!!

The one with the center overflow? Can't wait to see that one.

So any clue on your stock? Or are you not going to say? Just curious. I gotta know what I'm competing against.LOL

Well, here are my vague plans. Intentionally vague. So people can't burglarize my ideas.

Three fish total, consisting of two different species.
One type of coral.
Several types of inverts.

I don't plan on stealing any ideas. :scratchch LOL

Only one coral? HUmm makes me wonder. I plan on tons of coral and still debating fish and vert. I got a ton of ideas, but don't really know which way to go. Kinda leaning towards barebottom with a field of anthelia for grass.LOL Don't really know yet though.

I guess I'll quite jacking your thread now.LOL and save my ideas for my thread.

Well, not off to a good start, maintenance wise!

I keep forgetting to buy water when I go to the store (my RODI unit is still at the old house with the old tank). So I haven't topped off in 4 days or so. My salinity must be sky high. I'll have to remember to buy water today. The asterinas are still hanging in there, so it can't be too bad, right? ;)

I haven't been testing for a cycle at all either, so today I think I'll put in a little fish food to kick start it. Still working on getting a light :(

Well, I picked up a 130 watt PC light from a fellow local reefer, and brought it home, and it's too long for the tank. He also had a 65 watt PC light that's a few inches shorter. I'm thinking that 130 watts is probably *a little* overkill for a 10 gallon tank, so I shot him an email asking if I could exchange it for the smaller light!

A 65 watt PC bulb is 22"..Just the bulb, so it'll still be a bit too big. I think you might have to go with a 36 watt bulb or two if you go PC and don't want it to overhang.

Added my first tank inhabitants today.

Toby the green clown goby. And some ricordeas. I also got a new light, a MH pendant. It makes the tank look really nice!

I'd let you see for yourself, but the lights are off and pics will have to come tomorrow.

After I added Toby, he disappeared. I looked for him with a flashlight. I'm kinda worried. There aren't too many place he could hide in that tank, but he managed to evade me. Hopefully he's not dead already :evil:

I also found two tiny majanos on one of the rocks. I immediately got out the syringe and lemon juice. I'll check back tomorrow. If that didn't work, I'm going to have to resort to more drastic measures.

So I think Toby the goby is a goner :( I looked for him today. I had to take out some rocks anyways because the lemon juice didn't kill the majanos. So I removed the rocks and took the majano rock to the sink to kill those pests once and for all. While the rocks were messed up, I figured I'd mount a search and rescue operation for Toby. I did not find him. I did not find his body. I have no cleaner crew. So where is his body? I even searched the sand. I figured he must've jumped and one of the cats got him. I don't have a lot of sand, and I searched all the rocks. Mystery! Maybe he'll still show up :cry:

So that means I had to re-aquascape, and now everything is cloudy once again :(

I guess you're gonna have to keep an eye out for fish fins in the litter box the next few days :sad:

It was so small, I'm not gonna find anything. Expensive snack for my cats, but that's the only thing I can think of. It was being jumpy when I added it to the tank, but then it hid behind a rock and I let it be. NDB said one of the cats puked today... Maybe Toby was in there :(

Haha! He'd love that job. I mean, for the most part, he does whatever I tell him to do. But I think in this case, he'd draw the line.

So lets see these pics of the tank with the new light! Sorry to hear your goby went AWAL.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back