Contest Bifferwine

Status
Not open for further replies.
Here are pics of the new ricordeas and the tank. Nothing in our house is unpacked yet! Still!

091809009-1.jpg

091809005.jpg

091809006.jpg

091809002.jpg

091809004.jpg

That's a nice light. Is that a fish need it light? Looks good. Nice rock too! One suggestion though, you really need to add prettier coral like all brown ones. Yeah that would be cool.

Are you having any problems with the MJ 1200 blowing the sand around?

It is a Fish Need It light. I'd never heard of the brand. What do you know about it?

All the rock was taken out of my 240. I tried to kill everything on it first. Because it was covered in those brown corals you speak of. You know, kenyas. But I'll take your suggestion into consideration, so thanks!

No problems with the powerhead. It is pretty strong, and the sand piles up in certain places, but it doesn't blow around.

I haven't had a fish need it light, but have heard/read a lot about them. You can get them for a very fair price, and from what I have heard/read there are very good lights. Even their t5 are supposed to be very good and they don't have individual reflectors. Also their lights t5/mh can be added together and you can make a really cool looking light. Just check them out here fish need it;lights; food;Sponge

Right on the front page look at the top light it's two mh's and two t5 light added together.

EDIT: I was just looking at their site and I just realized they added IRs to the t5's in the new model. Great prices too!

Last edited:
Thanks! And the ShamWows are awesome, man. Don't knock 'em until you try 'em is what I tell people that make fun of me and my ShamWows. I got the giant industrial sized box from Costco. They're like 30 of them in there. We use them for EVERYTHING.

I don't know what it is, and it's probably just me, but the tank and stand in the first picture look Photoshopped in :12:

Also, is this the greyish purple living room we're seeing?

:sad: aww, sorry, I thought this was the lighter brown that came out looking light purple because I was about to say how it looked more greyish brown then greyish purple

very nice addition of the rics. Looks like a sweet light for the tank too! now my 24inch coralife pc looks inferior!

Well, I bought a PC for it, but it was too long and only one of the bulbs worked. So I went back to the guy I bought it from, and he had another light he said I could have instead (also a PC) but it was only 28 watts. So I said I needed a bit more than that, and he's like, "I also have a little MH that would work," and I'm like, "I'LL TAKE IT! ANYTHING TO SMOKE EVERYONE ELSE IN THIS CONTEST! HAHAHA!"

haha nice! I know the pc woes, my actenic bulb is burnt out. it needs to be replaced, but not going to spend the money on it till i get the corals that need the extra watts.

at least this Mh will not destroy they entire electrical wiring of your new house!

Well geez I did re-do all the electrical in that room myself. It just might!!!

(Me = too cheap to hire an electrician).

Well, I bought a PC for it, but it was too long and only one of the bulbs worked. So I went back to the guy I bought it from, and he had another light he said I could have instead (also a PC) but it was only 28 watts. So I said I needed a bit more than that, and he's like, "I also have a little MH that would work," and I'm like, "I'LL TAKE IT! ANYTHING TO SMOKE EVERYONE ELSE IN THIS CONTEST! HAHAHA!"

Smoke everyone!! That's it I'm doing a 1000W halide. OH yeah I'm gonna burn everything I out in there. Smoke every geesh.:roll:

Added 5 more rics today, two orange and three green. They are pissed because I had to chisel them off of rocks from my 240 that I boiled on the stove.

092009011.jpg

092009012.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back