Contest Bifferwine

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hmm buttered Bifferwine. Sounds like a pricey item at a five star restraunt or a dirty/fun thing you shouldnt be telling us. :^:

I set up my entry tonight! I took pics, but can't find my camera cable :( I'll have to upload them at work tomorrow and then post them.

Hey Biff,

Have you ever used an Eye-Fi card? This is hands-down my very favorite digital photo accessory! My card will actually figure out when I'm near a WiFi hotspot and upload my shots for me without my assistance! When my accessories figure out when to do the work and get the job done, that's something I can get behind. My cables are gathering dust somewhere in a box. I use the pro version because I shoot in RAW but this one is good for someone with a home network:
[ame=http://www.amazon.com/Eye-Fi-Wireless-Secure-Digital-EYE-FI-2HM/dp/B001AD0TGQ/ref=sr_1_4?ie=UTF8&s=electronics&qid=1255103831&sr=8-4]Amazon.com: Eye-Fi Home Wireless 2 GB Secure Digital Card (EYE-FI-2HM): Electronics[/ame]
C

I seem to have a problem with my stupid tank. Toby the clown goby disappeared the day after I added him, as you all know.

So two days ago I added another green clown goby (Toby II) and a striped pseudochromis. Both dudes ate a good dinner, and the next day -- POOF, no fish to be seen. I looked for their bodies, nothing.

I'm also having laptop problems. As in, mine crashed. NDB was working on it all last night, but can't seem to fix it. I took pics of the new additions, but they are on the crashed laptop. So hang in there.

for some reason they must be jumping and the cats get them. Or you have a cat who like to fish. All the rock came from your other tank didnt it? I would think the chances of a bad hitch hiker would be slim.

:shock: FISH EATING RICORDEA?!?! ...j/k...that's crazy that they would be able to "disappear" in a 10 gallon :12: ...I'm gonna hitch on to Ted's band wagon and assume that you've got some jumpers :?

Sorry to hear about the fishies Biff. Tank is comin along though. Good luck with the rest of the contest.

No, I'm not even joking. So far, $80 worth of fish has disappeared within a day of me adding them. I have very little sand in there, and I've looked for bodies all through the sand and rock. NADA. I'm 0 for 3 here.

Christian thinks our little cat Waffle is fishing them out. These fish don't stay out in the open though. I think they'd dart back into the rocks if they saw a cat paw coming at them.

This weekend I'm going to go buy one of those mesh tops made for reptile cages. It will cut down on the light significantly, but it will help me figure out what's been going on, if I then add more fish and they do okay.

Biff, I'm so sorry about your fish. I looked and looked at the photos and can't figure out how a cat would be able to grab a fish out of your tank. How long are the arms of your cats? I had a little yellow goby that I thought was a goner for two weeks. Searched every inch of my tank and couldn't figure out where the heck he went. Then one day he's sitting on a rock like it's nothing. He was hanging out in this tiny little crack in one of the rocks. I picked that rock up a thousand times looking for him. Maybe your guy is just shy? I hope you solve this mystery. I think the mesh for the top will help. Good luck,

Catherine

The clown gobies I can see hiding in rocks... They do blend in, and that's in their nature. The pseudochromis is another story. He's brightly colored and swims out in the open. The day that I saw him, he was hanging out beneath this overhang.

NDB says maybe they jumped. He says they see the shimmer of the 90 gallon in the next room, and are trying to reach that tank.

The little green clown goby is alive! I've continued to feed the tank a little *just in case* someone was hiding out, and he came out to eat last night. I'm 100% positive that the first clown goby is a goner, as is the pseudochromis. Well, 1 for 3. It could be worse! I sorta want to forget about fish for now (I can always add fish closer to 'closing time' in February) and focus on stocking inverts.

WooT! YEAH for the little green clown goby!!!!! I'm still holding out hope for the first clown and the pseudochromis. How about some pics, Biff?

Catherine

That's awesome! Glad to hear he is still alive. That's awesome. You are correct though. Need to focus on corals!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back