Contest Bifferwine

Status
Not open for further replies.
That's awesome! Glad to hear he is still alive. That's awesome. You are correct though. Need to focus on corals!

I'm working on it! I've decided I'm not going to shop at my LFS anymore unless absolutely necessary. David and I are going to combine our next online orders to save on shipping. Just waiting for him to need to buy something for his imaginary tank!!

As for non-coral inverts, my LFS had some sexy shrimp and that got me thinking about putting a "herd" of them in the tank. Right now I have 8 astraea snails and one hitch hiking hermit crab in the tank.

I took pictures of everything, but they are all on my laptop that crashed and won't restart. It's headed to the computer store Monday!! I would prefer not to start putting all sorts of crap on NDB's laptop -- he'd get mad at me :shock:

You can always take a cell phone pic and send it to your photobucket account yote circa 2007 style! I too have been really disappointed in my lfs. A new one opened this year and I don't like the owner at all. He is a huge crook but his selection is amazing in the coral scene so I regretibly have bought 2 corals from him. But I think ill start doing more online stuff now.

Well, as many people can probably understand, I don't have money to buy a lot of corals at once. I want to order stuff online, but can't stomach the normal $35 shipping fee when I can only afford to buy one or two small things at a time!! The shipping will cost as much as the order itself!

So Dcan is going to help me out, since he is the guru of online ordering :)

Any guesses as to what I'm ordering?? :)

No duncans. I'm going 100% ricordea florida with this tank. I hope to have the rocks covered by the time "judging" comes around for the contest! I already have 9 polyps in there now, 2 orange, 3 green and 4 gray/blue. I am going to buy a mixed 10 pack and a few "rare" colors (like yours, Alexander) online and spread them out all over the tank. Hopefully they will eventually start to form a "carpet".

As for fish, I do want more than the clown goby. He only comes out to eat so I never get to see him. I am still thinking of getting a pair of firefish.

And then a herd of sexy shrimp. I think that'd be nice looking.

Crowded? Not so much. Not with fish, just with ricordeas. The clown goby is only about 1/2 an inch long so he totally doesn't count!! :p

Oh I'm not taking a tang police stance. Just seems like a 10 gallon would be a smidgen tight for a pair of firefish. I'm not discouraging it though.

Bifferwine;256719 but they are all on my laptop that crashed and won't restart.:shock:[/QUOTE said:
could be just the fan on the motherboard if they fail the computer will not start at all.

I should have been more clear. It starts, but it will take about 15 minutes to start. And after it starts, if you click on any icons or folders, it just sits there "thinking" and never opens them. If I try to run a Housecall or my antivirus software it says there's an error and it can't run them. NDB was able to run a disk cleanup and defrag, but that didn't help. I can't click on anything -- it just freezes.

Yes I do. I found it last night.

I want to try to get everything off my hard drive before I do that though. NDB bought a bunch of discs and was going to try and save all my documents, music and photos tonight.

i hope that you can get it all off. one way may be to hook the drive up as a slave drive to a different computer and get info off that way but you wont be able to use it as a boot drive until it is wiped clean. i could be that their is a lot fo errors on the hard drive so it may be done also

that is my guess also or the hdd is about to take a poop. try booting into safe mode and running the virus software

The good news:
NDB and I were able to get all my info saved to an external hard drive. He then tried to re-install Windows, but it said there was an error with the hard drive. So then he wiped out the hard drive. When we went to bed last night, it was at 13% finished, and that was after 2 hours.

The bad news:
I'm still without a laptop until he gets mine fixed. Hopefully that will be tonight or tomorrow!

The good news:
I placed a major order online today to stock my contest tank. What I ordered should be more than enough to fill my rock space.

More good news:
I finally figured out how to work the manual settings on my camera! My tank pictures are not coming out totally washed out and foggy anymore. It only took me YEARS to finally sit down and experiment with all the different settings!

The bad news:
I can't post any of said pics until NDB fixes my laptop :(

Okay I broke down and uploaded my pics to NDB's laptop... I'll be posting more tomorrow when my order arrives.

Here is the pretty bare nano tank as of now. I ended up removing the heater. It was not needed after all.
IMG_2642.jpg

I have some big silver ricordeas:
IMG_2670.jpg

Two orange ricordeas:
IMG_2668.jpg

IMG_2667.jpg

Three green ricordeas (tiny, nickel sized):
IMG_2675.jpg

And one green clown goby, Toby II (in the bottom right corner):
IMG_2648.jpg

Last edited:
PS -- look who learned how to take macro shots that aren't all white washed :) :) :) :) That's like the best thing I've learned all month!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back