Contest Bobby

bobby

I like to do bad things.
I would like to thank all the people that helped make this happen............$hit there I go again...Jumping ahead of myself. I guess I'll save the acceptance speech for later.

Anyway I have gotten a small start. I got the ten gal ready. Was a fresh tank so I tore it down and repainted the back and bottom. I will have pics up tomarrow. I tried tonight, even went out and bought the news paper which I never do to come home and figure out that my rechargable batteries for my cam took a crap. I ran out and purchased 4 new ones which are on the charger for the next 18 hours.

My plan for this tank is still not fully thought out as I have too many plans and have to narrow it down. I do plan to stay cheap though as the only way my wife allowed it :grumble: is if I promised to not have another money pit.HAHA sucker.

Any way pics to come tomarrow after work. The only reason I started it tonight is so I don't have to buy another paper tomarrow...See I told you CHEAP.:mrgreen:

PS -- I changed the title of your thread to match the "accepted format". Alexander, there is a way to change the titles without deleting the threads. PM me if you want to know the secret!

welcome in guess I am gonna have to get another chicken for the mass voodoo heck I am gonna lay on all of yall. :mrgreen:

Bjo: Soo true but right now my financial shock can't handle many pot holes.LOL

Dcan: Thanks. I'm going for a TKO in the first round. HAHA You better watch out Biff.

Biff: Of course more the merrier. Just means more people for me to beat. J/k good luck.

Ted: Your voodoo is no match for my power!! You use chickens I use chicken heads. Yeah that's right I went there.

Daugherty: Thanks

Here are the pics. The tank looks drilled, but the hole is covered up by a piece of glass that I siliconed on. In my best Troy Mclure voice over from the Simpsons- You may recognize it from a past hit thread bobby's ten gal build.
tankpics019.jpg

tankpics020.jpg

Hey thanks for the closeup of the date on the paper. It cleared up so much confusion that I was experiencing! You know, because the giant headline, "9/11 ANNIVERSARY OBSERVED WITH MOURNING, SILENCE" was just so ambiguous about the date!! ;)

You just wait. Your ass is grass, man.

Now I'm gonna go lookup some cool trash talking lines. Don't wanna be schooled by you, fool!! :p

Hey thanks for the closeup of the date on the paper. It cleared up so much confusion that I was experiencing! You know, because the giant headline, "9/11 ANNIVERSARY OBSERVED WITH MOURNING, SILENCE" was just so ambiguous about the date!! ;)

You just wait. Your ass is grass, man.

Now I'm gonna go lookup some cool trash talking lines. Don't wanna be schooled by you, fool!! :p

Well I didn't think you'd catch that right away so I just wanted to make sure. Did you notice the date? Not just one day but 3. Ohh pretty colors!

Update: I have the tank filled with half new salt water and half old saltwater from a water change. I did this in order to help avoid a cycle. I also added about 20 LB live rock from my sump. Only prob is it was in a unlit area and has no color.

My lighting will be two 65 k compact swirly bulbs from walmart, but I need to build the canopy first. I think I'm going to build the canopy and attach it tot he wall so it looks like a shelf and hovers above the tank.

I will probably be going skimmer less and use a HOB filter for a fuge. Might add a sump down the road but most likely wont unless I build a new stand..

Stocking (my plans so far. They are subject to change without a warning) I will stock it with a frag of just about everything I have. All softy tank. For fish I'm thinking a yellow goby or two spot goby, one or two cardnal fish, and maybe a purple fire fish. I'm not real sure yet. Was going to get a clown goby, but there are two idea stealers already. Not mentioning any names. Cough biff ted cough. :mrgreen:

For inverts I'm thinking a pistol shrimp, but will probably do a cleaner shrimp, small brittle.

Well these are the plans so far, but not set in stone. Alot of it depends on if I can make the trip to saint louis to get the fish and if I even have the extra money to blow on them.

so how can I steal your idea when I had it first. :shock: Nice to see you actualy got water in the tank.

You used your chicken blood and voodoo magic. DUH! LOL Biff on the other was stalking me I guess.

Ok nix the carinals they need a larger tank. I might just get two neon gobys and one purple firefish and cleaner shrimp. I was thinking yellow goby with a pistol shrimp, but I think I'm going bare bottom and make a field of anthilia on the bottom, on prob with that is keeping it off the rock work. HUH Still lots of deciding to do.

Does it still count as stealing ideas if my goby was eaten by my cat Chimichanga within 24 hours of me adding it to the tank? Because it was.

You know, I thought of placing GSP frags on the back of mine to get a wall of GSP going, but I ran into the same roadblock you mentioned -- keeping it off of everything else. In the end, I decided it wouldn't be worth it to try that out, because it'd inevitably take over everything in the tank.

Oh was planning on having saltwater and live rock in my tank to, must have gotten that from you also.:mrgreen:

Back