Contest Daugherty

Status
Not open for further replies.
maybe i should hook my new uv up to the nano it only holds about 3 gallons of water i bet j/k

3853365412_9ea0fa75d6_o.jpg

ok ok here it is with a heater and rock i may add more rock but not shure if i like it yet or not

001-11.jpg

002-11.jpg

I like the rocks a lot. I would probably take the top left one and move it more center than touching the outside glass. or lean it toward that larger arch rock in the middle if it were me, but alas this is your world! If you have room it would help block some equipment though. love the tank so far. great start.

I like the rocks a lot. I would probably take the top left one and move it more center than touching the outside glass. or lean it toward that larger arch rock in the middle if it were me, but alas this is your world! If you have room it would help block some equipment though. love the tank so far. great start.

thats what i am thinking about i want to dig another peice of rock out of my sump to cover the pump for the skimmer but i just dont want the tank to look to full if you know what i mean.

well i added a mj900 to the tank and i think that is going to be plenty of flow for the tank. i was going to test for ammonia and nitrite but dont have any tests to test for it damb. well today or tomarrow i am going to make a frag of my tricolor for the nano and maybe next week put it on in if everything tests out good. i dont think i will have a cycle at all but it is better to wait for a while i think. the temp of the tank could come up a bit it is setting at about 75 day and night wil now big swings just need to turn up the heate a bit. and i may add another peice of lr just not shure about that yet. more updates soon

I'm not expecting a cycle in my contest entry either, but like you, I don't even have the test kits to check. I'm just going to wing it. No sense in spending money on test kits that I'm going to use only once. I also don't have a thermometer yet. At this point, I've become pretty adept and being able to touch the water and tell if it's in the correct range!

It sounds like you and I are pretty much on the same page with our tanks!

yea i am not going to wate the money on test kits either i am just going to make shure tha cal mag ang alk are were i want them to be and just go for it. the biggest thing for me is going to be the temo sibce my basement stays at about 60-65 degrees and everything else is going to be from my dt well most of it anyway

Awesome. Im not expecting a cycle either. Need to get a heater in there, but thats about it. Random fact : I dont even have a thermometer on my 180. just heater and feel of water. its about all i need like Biffy

well i made two 1/4frags of my tri-color hope they take offf so i can put them in the nano soon. i still dont know what i want for a fish in the tank.

my prob is that most of the fish i like are all to big. think i could put a purple tang in the nano? j/k i was thinking about maybe adding more sand and some puka-shells and getting a couple jawfish. the tank has an open top and i am just afraid of jumping fish.

If I were doing one I'd have a zoo garden and some Neon Gobies.
I have bad luck with Jawfish. They always jump out.

Great start. I'm going to enjoy watching all of these tanks grow, and the enginuity of the buids like with you light. Great job so far!

i just added 3 hermits to the tank and i got a sand conch to add later when there is more crap in the tank.

Don't conches need a much bigger tank than a 10, or is there a type that does good in small tanks?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back