Contest Ted

I have one of those stomatella in my frag tank. The shell is bright fluorescent blue/purple. The body is black. Pretty cool. Mine is very slow. Not like a nessarius snail. You'd think a snail without much of a shell would be faster. :shock:

if we could figure out the scheduling, i could come over with my good camera and my video cameras and we could shoot some for ya, if you wanna.

Tank looks very nice, and that rock looks great for being home made. That pic is a stomatella like mentioned. I have a ton of them in my tank and the are harmless and great cleaners. They breed a lot to and should spread in your tank. Nothing like a free snail to clean.

My cleaner shrimp also eats alot of them, but with all the breeding they seem to keep up with him.

Well the rio nano skimmer came in today. So I guess I am set on what I am using as filtration. Have a lot of micro bubbles in the tank but that should clear up when the skimmer breaks in. Test are all good so I might decide to get a fish on Sunday. If it still checks out then.

Attachments

• DSC00128.jpeg
    DSC00128.jpeg
    39.7 KB · Views: 287
  • DSC00129.jpeg
    DSC00129.jpeg
    41.2 KB · Views: 294
  • DSC00131.jpeg
    DSC00131.jpeg
    38 KB · Views: 290
  • DSC00132.jpeg
    DSC00132.jpeg
    37.3 KB · Views: 256
  • DSC00133.jpeg
    DSC00133.jpeg
    25.6 KB · Views: 261
Nothing fancy. Something hardy would be best. Either a chalk basslet or I might get a Damsel. Wife likes Damsels and they are hardy. She likes the blue ones so a yellow tail or a blue devil. I like the basslet however not to sure if I have a aged enough tank for one or how hardy they are.

I was on my way to bed and decided to check on the new skimmer. Its working and hardly any micro bubbles already. Not to bad for 20 bucks huh?

Attachments

• DSC00134.jpeg
    DSC00134.jpeg
    27 KB · Views: 281
  • DSC00135.jpeg
    DSC00135.jpeg
    27.6 KB · Views: 299
well I got a fish a clown goby. The skimmer is skimming so far so good.

Attachments

• DSC00138.jpg
    DSC00138.jpg
    22.8 KB · Views: 283
from what I read they pick at small sps since I have no intention of having sps I think it should be ok.

You don't want a clown goby man! They're the worst!

J/K I was actually planning on one.LOL Looks nice though.

wow, looks like all bobby has to do is get some other type of fish in there and hes got the contest in the bag!!!!:mrgreen:

Good luck to all that are in it.

Back