converting

margaritaville

Reefing newb
Just set up my 75 to convert my 55 into, and wanted to know what everyone thinks about my time frame, i have to do the move in 3-4 weeks, I added stress zyme and will continue with the 14 day process, also will be adding my live rock from my 55 along with substrate this week. Is this enough time doing it this way to do my tranfer or am I screwed? thanks eric

5" vol lion
yellow tang
damsel
tomato clown
humu trigger
cleaner shrimp
2 snails

clown, shrimp, and tang will go back into the 55 in a couple months.

down to 2 weeks

well 2 weeks to my move everything, looks good though, will have the rest of my live rock and most substrait moved by this weekend, any advise would be great!

Sorry I just saw this post.

I moved my 55 to my 100 within 5 hours...... but already had the water setup in the new tank before starting....

I moved corals into rubbermaid 15x36" containers that are about 4 inches deep.

I then sucked 50-70% of the water into 35 gallon trash can.

Started moving live rock removing the water from the new tank a bit at a time to make room for new additions.

I then caught the fish and put them in a 5 gallon bucket.

I moved the substate to the new tank.

Removed 25 gallons of water from the new tank and put the water from the old tank into the new one.

Let the tank run for an hour or so then placed all the Live stock into its new home.

I know you have already completed your move, but above is the method I used and didn't have any loss.

Brandon

Back