Cooling fan on Nova extreme

Alexander

Reef enthusiast
Has anybody else had the cooling fan just stop working on the nova extreme t5 fixtures? how would i go about fixing it? I went to my parents house to do some maintanence on the 80 gal i am storing there for now and notced the fan was not working. I tried a couple different outlets and no dice... not sure what happened but it didnt seem like it was getting overly hot so i didnt shut off the lights. Hopefully that wasnt a bad decision.

I'm going to tag along. This week my nova which is 3 and a half years old had the same problem. I noticed it seemed hot and now both fans are not working. If you find out where to get replacements please post.

current mood.... FRUSTRATED

IMG00019.jpg

so i ripped this whole light apart to replace the assumed bad fan. and it turns out it was not the fan. must be the power supply because there is no action coming from this new fan. And the worse thing is Im almost sure this light was made in a sweatshop because i have no idea how im supposed to reach my big ass hands in here and undo the power supply out if the rats nest of cords inside this damn thing!!!

Do you guys thing its going to be really bad to run this fixture with no fan? I have been for almost 2 months now and have not seen anything bad come of it.

I dont see a problem with running it without the fan.
Sure glad mine aint quit yet.Y'all would hear me cussing from here.

And the worse thing is Im almost sure this light was made in a sweatshop because i have no idea how im supposed to reach my big ass hands in here and undo the power supply out if the rats nest of cords inside this damn thing!!!

Hahaha! This statement FTW. It's signature-worthy.

Back