copepods, amphipods, and isopods, what your take on them

d.french

Reef enthusiast
since i added a hang on fuge is it possible to have to many pods in tank, i mean i have a cleaner wrasse and six line wrasse and still when the lights are out and moonlights on wow. There is a serious infestations of pods in my tank when light go out i mean freaky big time, mostly amphipods, is there a such thing as to many or should i just let it go and eventually my little six line will get bigger and take care of them.

oh you have no idea it looks like arachnaphobia the movie in my tank, i don't mind it free food for something but just want to make sure its not a bad thing to have to many or if i should add a mandarin

Just think of all the bad junk those pods are taking care of for ya, Kinda like a large homegrown clean up crew

They will adjust to the food supply. Not to worry, they are a good thing. with a heathy load of pods, a food source exists for you to consider some of the special animals that feed on um. congrats.

leave it be youll thank yourself in the long run good clean up crew as well as a great food source for some of your fish ever wanted a manderine??

Back