Copepods For my Mandarin !!!!

Civicdemon

Go Big Or Go Home !
So far i ahve had my mandarin for what i think is 2 to 3 months now and he seems good, I know i have a grip of pods in my refugium, and i even see them in the section right after the refugium where i have rubble rock. This section flows trew two tubes into the return section. No baffles and the water level is usually above the tubes. So are these pods making it into my DT???? Im just worried there might not be enough food for him. Since technictly its my mandarin, scotter blenny, and the sand sifting goby that eat the pods. He is the only one that does not take misis from the water do. my scotter will take some every ones in a wile and the goby takes it all the time, even eats at the nori.

I am not an expert on mandarins by any means, but do you have any chaeto in your sump? If so, take the chaeto out and give it a swirl in you DT once and awhile. This will ensure that plenty of pods get into main tank.

If you still think there are not enough, order some. LA has them pretty cheap. Put them in both the DT and your fuge.

It will be very hard to keep your MD alive on Copepods alone. I have had several and both times it was easy to train them to eat orange or red sushi roe and Ocean Nutrition's Marine Formula One small pellets.

Im currently trying this stuff calle reef caviar, see if that works, I have already tride that nutrama ova and he just ignores it. The scotter seems to like the reef caviar. But i have seen my mandarin pick at it yet.

Steve :

My refugium is full with chaeto and a couple big pieces of live rock, in the second to last section there is just rubble rock and even that section has plenty of pods in it. I took the chaeto out of my fuge and shuck it off in my DT but i hat how strands come off and start floating in the DT.

Back