Copepods

Any one know can answer these questions? i want to know :3 Thanks :sfish:

1. How often do they breed?
2. How big should my pod pile be?
3. What do they feed on?
4. Can they live in a food container?
5. How can they die?
6. If they are in a food container how long should i wait until putting them in the tank?
7. Do they need light?
8. Do they need a air pump?
9. Where should my pod pile be?

Info On Tank :

60 Gallon

I feel cheesey O.o

1. How often do they breed?
2. How big should my pod pile be?
3. What do they feed on?
4. Can they live in a food container?
5. How can they die?
6. If they are in a food container how long should i wait until putting them in the tank?
7. Do they need light?
8. Do they need a air pump?
9. Where should my pod pile be?

1. No idea
2. What are you looking to do with the pods? Feed?
3. Algae
4. What is a "food container"? Like a tupperware?
5. I assume bad water quality. Also getting eaten.
6. Are you asking how big they need to be before you put them in the tank?
7. No idea.
8. No idea. Mine are in my fuge... there is very little flow.
9. What are the options?

Reply For : ErinCahir

1. No idea k
2. What are you looking to do with the pods? Feed? yes im trying to overgrow it in my tank for my mandarin
3. Algae what kind?
4. What is a "food container"? idk lol Like a tupperware? yes
5. I assume bad water quality. Also getting eaten. k
6. Are you asking how big they need to be before you put them in the tank? yes
7. No idea. k
8. No idea. Mine are in my fuge... there is very little flow. k
9. What are the options? Over 1500 Copepods is my plan

Do you have a sump? If not, it'll be difficult for you to keep a large population of pods in your tank with a mandarin. There is no size requirement to put pods in your tank, just drop them in. And, if your intention is to produce pods in a tupperware container, I'm not sure that it's possible to do that, I may be wrong though.

whether you purposely breed them or not, most likely there is already a bunch in your tank. If you a have fuge you will prob always have them.

Here is my little pod breeder. All i have is some cheato in there and a strong light for the cheato. I swirl the thing around a couple of times a day. Every 3 days or so i dump all the water in the tank after swishing it up and then refill it with tank water.

This is NOT a good method for feeding mandarins, i only do this because i know the seahorses enjoy eating them as occasional treats.

DSCN2862.jpg

Well, if you want to breed them IN your tank, you can always take a rubble pile of rocks, cover them with some type of plastic basket/netting that fish can't get into. Then hide that pile w/ more rocks to cover the basket/netting. That way pods will have a safe place to reproduce w/o fish eating them up. Eventually some will venture out and get eaten.

Well, if you want to breed them IN your tank, you can always take a rubble pile of rocks, cover them with some type of plastic basket/netting that fish can't get into. Then hide that pile w/ more rocks to cover the basket/netting. That way pods will have a safe place to reproduce w/o fish eating them up. Eventually some will venture out and get eaten.

how big should the pod pile be? :mrgreen:

Any one know can answer these questions? i want to know :3 Thanks :sfish:

1. How often do they breed?Depending on the species,every 24 to 48 hours.
2. How big should my pod pile be?Golf ball sized works well
3. What do they feed on?The smallers ones feed on free floating phytoplankton.The bigger species will eat larger algae and detritus.
4. Can they live in a food container?As long as they have a food source and oxygen
5. How can they die?Same as anything else.
6. If they are in a food container how long should i wait until putting them in the tank?Before their food supply runs out.
7. Do they need light?Nope.Their nocturnal
8. Do they need a air pump?Nope
9. Where should my pod pile be?Behind your rock work.

Info On Tank :

60 Gallon

I feel cheesey O.o

Maybe that'll help.

halped alot :3

k gonna make my pod pile and get my container and get some light then chaetos then pour some Reefpods ~ Copepods bottle in then wait :3

Back