copper butterfly

Kwater

Chill
Can anyone thaink of any downside to them in a reef tank. I know they eat feather dusters but what about shrimp or anything like that.

Thanx

They have also been known to nibble on corals, like polyps, zoanthids and some LPS. They really can't be trusted around corals 100%, although some people have had them and they've never touched anything they weren't supposed to.

The trouble with them is they are a very specific eater, with very specific dietary needs. They mostly eat aiptasia. If you haven't got any left in your tank, it will most likely starve.

A very difficult fish to keep.Mine took a whole three months before accepting frozen foods.It has never bothered shrimps,not even the small sexy shrimps.However,it has taken a bite out of gsp,cloves and the bad guys-majanos and aiptasias.Basically,any coral with small polyps seems to be fair game.They will also eat pods so housing them with a mandarin can be problematic.

I use minced clams and muscles and put the in a rock with holes just like your live rock. And every other feeding, I hold a cube of brine shrimp and she/he will eat it out of my hand right along with my Long Nose Hawk.
The trick is to keep the other fish from going after the clam rock. You'll have to fend them off while you CBB eats. If you don't do this, it may very well pass. I've had mine for almost 4 months.

Back