Copperband Butterfly

clancaster23

Reefing newb
When I was at the LFS the other night, saw a very nice Copperband Butterflyfish but I'm aware of them being picky and possibly being nippers of coral. Anyone have one and have any experiences they want to share? I would like to add one to my 75 but I have my kole yellow eye tang in there plus two tomato clowns so I'm not sure it'd be suitable for it.

i've had 1 in my 320 a year now and it has'nt messed with
any coral "yet". but i also keep my fuge full of copepods.
so far so good. good luck if you decide to get one

I cant see one flourishing in a 75 gal, they are just so hard to get eating enough foods in our tanks and even then, they often waste away. Most butterflies dont belong in our tanks to be honest. I personally think its because we dont feed them corals and nems, like they would normally eat. They end of lacking some critical nutrient and just slowly fade away.

Yeah I was tempted to buy one once from my lfs....they tossed some frozen mysis in there and he gobbled it up....but I was too worried about long term health, so I passed him up. Love them, though!

It's very tempting. First time I saw one (they had a big one and a smaller one) and they look very nice. I'm thinking I may not get one but I may have to hope they don't have one the next time I go or I just may. I'd definitely make sure they fed it and I saw that they'll eat frozen though.

Back