coral and crab help

jesse

Not That Kind Of Reefer
can someone help me out with these IMAG0049.jpgIMAG0053.jpgIMAG0055.jpg

Oh I'm sorry. My questions are to identify the frag and crab. I thought the crab was a gorila crab because someone told it it was bad to my frag. And I knew the snail. Thanks

I have some follow up questions if u don't mind. I have the crab separated thinking it was bad. Should I let it back in?
Will the snail hurt my frag?

IMAG0058.jpg

IMAG0059.jpg
im sorry this is the best my phone will do. the claws are black? is it safe to keep with my coral?

So what's the plan here. For sure not keeping it good or bad. Just to be on the safe side. But what do I do with it? Trash? Toilet? Take back to the local shop or what.

You can take it to the lfs, and maybe they can give it to someone to feed to their predator fish...or you can kill it by placing it in the freezer, or a vodka bath.

I would take it back to your local LFS, tell them its not compatible with your tankmates. If your lucky you might be able to make a trade with your LFS for something within the price range of the crab. I've done that before. Good Luck...

That is not a good crab if you look it up but I have many of these kind and gorilla crabs in my tanks that came on my live rocks and I have never had any issues from them at all.

well i took it back to the lfs and he said it was a porcelain crab. and it could possibly be a prob if i had zoas. either way i told him to keep it cuz i didnt want it.

i know its the wrong thread but since u guys helps so much i wanna ask u some other q's.

i have chaeto algae that has been in my second compartment in the back of my biocube. so i wanted to give my tank some color since i dont have any coral that have taken over yet just 2 frags. is it cool if i leave it there in the front with the fish and crabs?

i see my emerald crab and a recent addition of a peppermint shrimp around it picking at it? is that ok or will they eat it all?

oh well then i feel dumb now haha....i just saw the crab pulling the cheato so i assumed it was eating it.

Back