Coral Banded Shrimp Cleaning ICK off of my Blue Tang???

quattro4444

Reefing newb
So my Blue Hippo Tang came down with ICK like 3 weeks after being in my tank... He had the salt like specs all over and cloudy eye... However he was and still is eating like a pig (Nori, Mysis, and Bryne etc...)... So yesterday I yelled at my fairly large Coral Banded Shrimp "Tiger", because I thought he was bulling my Tang "Blue"... After close observation I noticed "Blue" getting healthier and that he was actually going to "Tiger" to have him clean off the parasites...

Has anyone else ever seen this or am I just imagining things???

Tiger is about 2-3 inches and is super territorial and I have thought about banishing him to my fuge or returning him on several occasions... Maybe now I will just let him stay...

My tang is doing much better this morning and has been sick for about a week... I will try and get a good pic of Tiger cleaning off Blue today after work...

sean

Yeah,they will do it ,if the fish allows them to.Mine did it for my tang also,then i started to notice my tangs fins getting ripped.My CBS was also pinching the fins of all my fish,so be aware of that.

Back