Coral Beauty has Ick

Jml32788

Reefing newb
My Coral Beauty has ick. Would you guys think that he will be able to fight it off on his own? I have only had him a week and he did not have any signs of ick at the fish store. I assume the stress of being bullied my 3 stripe damsel could have triggered this. I know Coral Beauty's are fairly hardy so I'm not sure if I need to QT him and treat. I have removed the 3 stripe damsel from the tank and no other fish show signs of ick.

Fyi, they all have ich. Did you remove the damsels b/c of ich or that you wanted to get rid of them? You dont need to remove unless you are treating them with copper if they are not getting better. Most people leave them in their tank and feed them heavy with garlic soaked food. It is a wives tale but i assure you it works. I installed a uv light from emperior aquatics to kill off free floating ich and bacteria, i know some dont believe in these uv lights b/c they kill good bacteria too, but good bacteria does multiply quicker than what it is killed by the uv. Good luck, keep us posted and i just got over the battle my self

I removed the damsel due to the bullying. Hes back at the fish store. I'll try the garlic soaked food and see what happens.

Back