Coral Beauty with Ich?

AlwaysImproving

Reefing newb
I transfered over my CB to a 28 gallon aqua pod from my 55 gallon. I came back home tonight and saw that he had an odd white spot on him. I looked up pictures and It doesn't really look like fishes with ich. The CB also hasn't exhibited some of the symptoms of ich; rapid breathing, scratching against rock, scratching in sand, etc... My question is how do I know if he has ich for sure? Working on getting a picture by tomorrow.

Is it possible that he is just really stressed from changing enviroments?

Is it just one spot or many. Whenever I saw my fish with ich they had a lot of white spots on them. just keep an eye on him.

I would have to agree that positively identifying ich first is a must. I have had quite an extensive experience with ich in freshwater fish before and I have always found it to look like small salt crystals. I find that it may start out small but will spread very quickly and if left untreated, your fish will surely die within perhaps a week or less depending on the case...just been my experience.

He is sad ;( Moved from the mantion to the apartment.

A move can most deffinantly cause enough stress to bring on ich. Be sure to add garlic and vitamins to his diet.
try to get a pic posted.

I lost my CB to ick.. it started with one spot so i just tried to make sure it got enough food to eat, doesed with garlic, but eventually he got covered in spots. I tried to freshwater dip him but it must have been too late because he died after i put him back in the tank.

IMO you shouldnt do a FW dip. I have never seen it do any good. All it does is stress out an already stressed out fish even more. Most times I have seen a FW dip done the fish died. That`s just my experience. I am very sorry that your coral beauty died.

I have had great success with freshwater dips. You just need to be sure that the pH and temp is the same (only use RO). only dip for 7 minutes. Some fish should not be freshwater diped but angels generally pull through.

My yellow eye kole tang has ich right now. :( I'm sure he will be fine.

Well like I said I`m not a fan of them but that`s just my experience. If a fish was swimming around and not much stressed then you might be OK but an already stressed out fish IMO should never see a FW dip. Solely my opinion and experience.

I hadnt heard of using a freshwater dip for ick.But have used it to help with limpho(sp?) at the LFS.And like Mike said,never on a fish that was showing signs of severe stress.

Back