coral beauty wont eat

Marke86

Coral Junkie
well my coral beauty wont eat pelets so i got some frozen brine shrimp and the ungratefull fish ate one and i was like sweet problem solved and then the bastard spit it out.
Now what do I do?
and will brine shrimp effect my nitrate at all? I put in a whole cube and im going to try again in 2 days.
should I only put in half a cube? I say only four of the brine shrimp actually werent eaten by my clowns.
Is the next step live brine or is it possible for a coral beauty not to eat for three days and still not be hungry?
Thx
Mark

For finicky eaters and it being an angel,try San Francisco Bay Angel Formula soaked in garlic extract.I wouldn't be to concern after three days.A week or more than start to worry.BTW,the garlic is an appetite stimulant and SFB Angel Formula has sponge specifically for angels which feed on it in the wild.

Freak is correct. Its only been 3 days. All the CB's i have owned thus far took a few days to start eating...they are pretty shy at first.

Ditto.

Most new additions to my tank seem to take several days to start eating - probably stressed out. I have yet to have a fish that didn't eventually start feeding. My Lemonpeel went almost a week. Now it eats everything.

I have a 55 g with a False Lemonpeel, Clarki Clown and 2 Damsels. For me a typical size cube of frozen brine/mysis/plankton will last 2 - 3 feedings. I thaw it out first, put a good size pinch or two in the tank, then put the rest in the fridge covered so it won't dry out. It keeps fine for a few days. My fish are all chubby and happy.

An entire cube in a 30 gallon for a single feeding seems like a lot to me, but you'll get to know your own tank. Remember even if the fish eat it they still $%^& it out. An aquarium is a closed system. Everything that goes in stays in even if it changes form.

I agree that a whole cube is a lot, you can thaw a cube in a bit of tank water and keep it in the fridge and only use what you need until it's gone. If you overfeed you will get algae problems.

my Flame Angel took 2 days before it ate. Same with my B/W Percula Clown. They really like the stuff with garlic in it.

Back