Coral Beauty

simpleman

Reefing newb
Hey guys I need your help. I want to add a new fish to my tank and my wife has it set in her head that we need a Coral Beauty. I've heard horror stories about these buggers, but I want her to have more of an interest in the tank. Any thoughts? BTW tank 55 gal is mixed reef 1/3 sps 1/3 lps 1/3 softy, 4 fish 1 pj,1 royal gramma, 1 6 line, 1 engineer goby. TIA.

Just say NO! My coral beauty angel was the worst free fish I ever added. If I could catch the damn thing it would be history. I'm very tired of poor polyp extension.

Just lost my Coral Beauty to Ich...he was a good fish but was very timid. My Blenny picked on him from the time he hit the tank and i think that stressed him and he developed Ich. I never had a problem with him nipping at coral, so i guess i was in the good 50 percent. I do not think i will get another one. None of my other fish show any signs of Ich either.

Nope. I have a sixline and a leopard wrasse. Leopard wrasses are not aggressive fish at all. They can be challenging to keep because they can be difficult to get eating. If you buy one that is already eating at your LFS, you avoid that challenge. I've had my leopard wrasse for over a year now, and he's my #1 Favorite All Star Fish. And not only because he was a gift from NDB.

yea biff's avatar should be a leopard wrasse. but the one she has now is still cute. im a fan of LOVE. but yea biff's love for leopard wrasses has turned me into a fan.

I've actually been thinking of switching up my avatar a bit lately... I mean, I've had that one for probably a year now. Maybe it's time for a change!

Biff. I know BooBoo's are peaceful, it's the 6lines that apparently get a little psycho. I have kept 6lines for a over a year no problem (notice 6line's, first one went carpet surfing a couple months ago). I really want a leopard wrasse, problem is if I killed it I would proabably just give up on fish all together. My 2 favorite fish=leopard wrasse and des. sailfin tang. If I killed one of these.....done no more fish.

Ah I see what you're saying now. Sorry, I misunderstood. Yeah, sixlines can be iffy. They are a risk to any fish, not just other wrasses. I think if your sixline has been peaceful to other fish all this time, it probably would be okay towards a new fish. The aggressive ones seem to be aggressive to any and all fish right off the bat.

Well I found my new fish! The lfs I went to didn't have a Leopard Wrasse, but he did have an awesome Whip Fin Fairy Wrasse that came from his own display tank. Also picked up a pink stylo frag all for $38 bucks. Sweet! I'll post picks when the lights come on.

Back