coral does not open

I think you already have a lot of fish, don't you? You want to be careful not to overstock your tank. I don't really know what you could do to get the starfish out of the rocks... Other fish are pigs. You could try feeding them in one end of the tank and have someone else try to get the starfish out while the fish are distracted.

I think you already have a lot of fish, don't you? You want to be careful not to overstock your tank. I don't really know what you could do to get the starfish out of the rocks... Other fish are pigs. You could try feeding them in one end of the tank and have someone else try to get the starfish out while the fish are distracted.

I'm up again 03:32, just looked in the end of the tank, can see the starfish but it looks as though it might have curled up and died, will that give me a serious ammonia spike? because I cant get at it unless I disturb mt aqua scaping? BTW my sun coral is feeding well at night.

Allen

Last edited:
It probably isn't dead yet if it is curling up. If it is, it probably won't cause any harm by leaving it in you tank unless it's really big.

Thanks David, it is moving this morning, bit of a waste of money if the hide away all day, see the sun coral what do you think the green type coral is, some other pictures of new inhabitants

Allen

Attachments

• 012 star fish resized.jpg
    012 star fish resized.jpg
    41.3 KB · Views: 248
  • 007 sun coral resized.jpg
    007 sun coral resized.jpg
    45.1 KB · Views: 230
  • 018 sun coral resized with green coral.jpg
    018 sun coral resized with green coral.jpg
    38.9 KB · Views: 249
  • 019 green brain resized.jpg
    019 green brain resized.jpg
    41.4 KB · Views: 238
Good morning Sarah, my 2 fire fish have suddenly started to get bullied by my 6 lined wrasse, one now hides down on the coral sand under a rock and the other has not come out for food for 2 days, are wrasses known for aggression? my blue star fish has not been seen since the day it was introduced into the tank is it likely it has hidden away and died or do they do this?

6 lines can break bad.Its a 50/50 shot with them.
For the star,It could just be acting normal since most stars are nocturnal.

6 lines can break bad.Its a 50/50 shot with them.
For the star,It could just be acting normal since most stars are nocturnal.

Thanks Yote, can always rely on you for a positive answer, hope your right about the star, I wonder if many people see them once they are in the tank

Allen

Dont worry too much about the star, he will come out :)

The linkia isnt too hard to look after either ;) at least, mine has been in the tank now for 2 months and is perfectly healthy and I have done nothing. So dont worry too much.

Great additions though :D

Thanks Yote, can always rely on you for a positive answer, hope your right about the star, I wonder if many people see them once they are in the tank

Allen

Thought I might add, my Linkia is really active :D bright blue and always in view hehe

Back